Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Which lift to get?

Old 10-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
tanktodd has a spectacular aura abouttanktodd has a spectacular aura about

Name: Todd
tanktodd's Tacoma Gallery
Which lift to get?

I've been to both truck shops in town today pricing lifts and both were in the $700 to $800 range for 3" lift installed. One was Procomp and the other Revtec. Want some opinions on these prices...too much, good price, and which is the better one or is there better than those. Nobody had anything good to say about Toytec...any opinions?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Stay away from spacer lifts. Check out the 5100's from Bilstien or Old Man Emu.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanktodd View Post
I've been to both truck shops in town today pricing lifts and both were in the $700 to $800 range for 3" lift installed. One was Procomp and the other Revtec. Want some opinions on these prices...too much, good price, and which is the better one or is there better than those. Nobody had anything good to say about Toytec...any opinions?
What did they say about Toytec? From what I've heard on this site, Toytec is pretty good, depending on the components that you get. If it were me, I'd stay away from Procomp or Revtec. If you want a pretty cheap lift, you could get 5100's all the way around with a aal in the back or if you have a bit of money to spend, something like this would work awesome

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Or this

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 10-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
yea i bought my lift for around $900 for the revtek spacer, AAL, and diff drop. dont go with this. i just bought coilovers to replace the spacers. the ride wasnt horrible it just wasnt good and not good at all offroad. I felt like i got ripped off
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, do NOT spend $700 - $800 for spacer lift. Total rip off!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
tanktodd has a spectacular aura abouttanktodd has a spectacular aura about

Name: Todd
tanktodd's Tacoma Gallery
They just said toytec was not dependable components...probably just trying to push what they sell and make money off of. Could I get 3" with 5100's and rear add-a-leaf and a little more with 285-70-17's? And could I just add 5100's to the front or will I need other components to go along with them?