Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need New Lift

Old 01-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
Need New Lift

I have a Revtec 3 inch lift on my 07 double cab now but im not happy with it. I was thinking about a leaf pack in the back with bilstein 5125 shocks and 885 ome springs with 5125 bilstein ajustables in the front. Im not really sure if this set up will work because i have been told that the 885 coils will not fit on the 5125 shocks.
I also dont know where to go to get a price on a leaf pack other than a local spring shop that wants to charge to much.

Any Help will be great.
thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious, why are you unhappy with current lift?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #3

Well not really liking the spacer in the front and no matter what i do with the rear AAL's it doesnt look right. Im looking for 3 inches and the stock rake
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toytec offers Billstein front adjustables and 885 springs.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacoc...acofrtliftopts
I don't think there is such a thing as inexpensive leaf packs, but here is a company I've heard of multiple times before.
http://www.deaverspring.com/
Old 01-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #5

Man i didnt know leaf packs were going to be that much
Old 01-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #6

Has anyone ever used an AAL and a 1 1/2 block in the rear?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #7

Yeah, even stock replacements are expensive.....Have you had the leaf spring TSB done?
Old 01-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #8

The TSB is only being done trucks that haul alot in the bed and i do not do that
Old 01-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
Conservative
Motorkopf is on a distinguished road

Marines: 3002
Motorkopf's Tacoma Gallery
AAL and 1.5" block? Sort of- I did the TSB (which IS an AAL) and a 1.5" block. In front I have a 3" Toytec lift (spacers). Basically I have 3" lift with a pretty close to stock rake.

Hope that helps. You can see a crappy pic of my truck on my profile.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #10
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorkopf View Post
AAL and 1.5" block? Sort of- I did the TSB (which IS an AAL) and a 1.5" block. In front I have a 3" Toytec lift (spacers). Basically I have 3" lift with a pretty close to stock rake.

Hope that helps. You can see a crappy pic of my truck on my profile.
This is what I got the other day and should have them on here this Saturday...

Tacoma - '05 to Current
3 " Lift Kit
Part#: ARB1063
$1075.00
Consist of:
2 x OME884 Front Coil Springs
(use OME885 Heavy Springs for double cab)
2 x N140S Front Struts
2 X CS047R Rear Leaf Springs
2 x N182 Rear Shocks
1 x FK29 Driveshaft Spacer
4 x U53A U Bolt Sets

Looks alot like these, 5 of them curved up and 2 heavy ones going straight...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #11
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHDEVIL View Post
The TSB is only being done trucks that haul alot in the bed and i do not do that
The dealer doesn't know that. Tell them it bottoms out when loaded.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
Conservative
Motorkopf is on a distinguished road

Marines: 3002
Motorkopf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
This is what I got the other day and should have them on here this Saturday...
5 of them curved up and 2 heavy ones going straight...
Sounds like a pretty harsh ride!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:38 PM   #13
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorkopf View Post
Sounds like a pretty harsh ride!
Hope not! OME is top of the line and haven't heard anything negative about this set up. I think it will be a real truck now?