Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Got all my parts ordered...last minute details before install.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Got all my parts ordered...last minute details before install.

So I have my laundry list of parts ordered for my lift install.

1. ICON Extended Travel Remote Reservoir front coil-overs
2. ICON Rear reservoir shocks
3. Total Chaos UCA's
4. All Pro 3" lift rear leaf springs
5. Timbren rear bump stops
6. (Possibly) WheelersOffroad's new SuperBump front bump stops

Since my truck is my only form of transportation I need to make sure I have all needed supplies on hand. I have all needed tools on hand (that I can think of). What all kinds of lubricants am I going to need from any poly bushings or the uniball on the TC UCA's?
Old 10-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dry teflon lube on the uniballs. Can buy at Lowes. I used Mobil 1 teflon grease on all my bushings. Use a bunch of grease on all bushings.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the input 09blacktaco. Everything is almost here. Just waiting on the Timbrens and Allpro 3" Leaf pack. I forgot to put the TC UCAs in the picture though.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
nice setup wanna jus put that in a box and ship it to me???
Since it took me over a month for everything to show up from Icon (though the add-a-leaf was cancelled due to it still being backordered), I think I will have to pass on the offer.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
When I installed my setup, I thought I had all the tools and everything I needed to install. I still did about 5 trips to the local Auto store lol. But it was my first time installing a lift. I was missing a wrench, socket etc. in sizes I didn't have at home. I would also recommend buying a pitman puller for $15 or so, it will make your life a lot easier.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #8
09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanspawn View Post
Since it took me over a month for everything to show up from Icon (though the add-a-leaf was cancelled due to it still being backordered), I think I will have to pass on the offer.
Make sure you rent or buy a puller for the UCA spindle bolt. It's a bitch to get off without one.