Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Placement of Lift Spacers

Old 10-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
bparham is on a distinguished road
bparham's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Placement of Lift Spacers

I have a NON PRE 03 2.4L Taco with a 3" spindle lift and an 1" spacer on top of the coil.

I was wondering if I can place a spacer on the bottom of the coil as well?

If I cannot what are the dangers of doing so?

What are the dangers of stacking spacers?

I've noticed that all the lifts for this year and model are either discontinued or not made except the 3" spindles and the 1-1.5" spacers.

Are there any alternatives that I do not know of?
Old 10-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
No you can't. Severe damage, mass hysteria, snapping sounds followed by a severe droop resulting in an accident, and carnage will be the ultimate results. It is not safe.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
No you can't. Severe damage, mass hysteria, snapping sounds followed by a severe droop resulting in an accident, and carnage will be the ultimate results. It is not safe.
X2....and possibly a fire....
Old 10-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Yep... locusts, plague, overtaxation, and porous borders will occur.

Oh wait.
Locusts?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
bparham is on a distinguished road
bparham's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmm, I think I am getting the vibe that I should NOT do it. I read about not stacking them but wasnt totally sure about top and bottom.

Are there any other lift alternatives that you know of?

I was also wondering if anyone knew about rim sizes? I have 31/10.5/15 tires with 15x8 alloys, but I have these 15x10 rims. Can or will they fit on the truck?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A 15x10 is a bit too wide for those wheels. As for the lift...I thought I saw somewhere some coil overs for your truck.....I'll see if I can find them
Old 10-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I think I just sharted (runs to bathroom crying)
Old 10-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I think I just sharted (runs to bathroom crying)
Old 10-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #11

OP....looks like your only option may be a long travel kit for your truck....Check out Chaos Fab.com and see what you think of their kit...Not sure who else make an LT kit for your truck.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparham View Post
Alrighty well thanks everyone, I appreciate it!