LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Good 6" Lift Kits

Old 10-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Good 6" Lift Kits

What is a good 6" lift? I've been looking at the Pro Comp and Fabtech lift. I'd love to not break the bank getting it either.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
try ready lift
Old 10-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I heard great things about the fabtech man
Old 10-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If I went with a 6" kit, it would be Fabtech hands down. But, since you have a prerunner, you can get some lift knuckles and a regular 2.5-3" lift and have 6"+ with more ground clearance and less work.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
If I went with a 6" kit, it would be Fabtech hands down. But, since you have a prerunner, you can get some lift knuckles and a regular 2.5-3" lift and have 6"+ with more ground clearance and less work.
would 5100s set at 2.5" with new coilovers in the front, and either an AAL or get larger blocks in the rear work? and which lift knuckles would you suggest?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Might need a tad of trimming as with any other Tacoma lifted 6" on 35's, but yeah you can fit em. If you're on the budget route, I'd recommend an AAL in the back along with a block so you dont end up with a single huge block. If you dont mind forkin out the cash, then get a whole aftermarket leaf pack for the rear lift and avoid blocks.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Might need a tad of trimming as with any other Tacoma lifted 6" on 35's, but yeah you can fit em. If you're on the budget route, I'd recommend an AAL in the back along with a block so you dont end up with a single huge block. If you dont mind forkin out the cash, then get a whole aftermarket leaf pack for the rear lift and avoid blocks.
Alright! Thanks Eric! How much would the aftermarket leaf pack be? And Also do you have a link to anywhere selling the lift knuckles that would work? How much am I looking at? And I'm guessing some new coils in the front? I'm running the stock coils right now.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #11

The stock coil springs on the 5100's at 2.5 would work fine with this setup. Coils like the OMEs arent necessary to gain lift, the 5100s will do that for you. A set of aftermarket coilovers like Fox's, Kings, SAWs, Icons, etc will give better performance than the 5100s, but are around $1000. Since im not a 2wd guy, i dont know a ton about who makes the lift spindles but Total Chaos and Allied are 2 that come to mind. Make sure the spindles you get are for a 6 lug prerunner, NOT a 5 LUG! And as an estimate, i'd say around 600 for a pair of rear leaf packs.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #12

Thanks again! I'll go check them out! I've got a 3" lift right now with a spacer lift in the front, and blocks in the back... but I have to adjustable 5100s, and would this be something I could do at the house like my current lift is?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #13

I think you're going to need a press for the bearings in the spindles, so it may or may not be something you can do at your house. I cant really say seeing as I dont know your mechanical skills, or what tools you have.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #14
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
Thanks again! I'll go check them out! I've got a 3" lift right now with a spacer lift in the front, and blocks in the back... but I have to adjustable 5100s, and would this be something I could do at the house like my current lift is?
Quote:
I think you're going to need a press for the bearings in the spindles, so it may or may not be something you can do at your house. I cant really say seeing as I dont know your mechanical skills, or what tools you have.
Installing spindles isn't an easy task for someone who isn't mechanically inclined. You have to bleed the breaks, replace the break lines, grind calipers, etc. It gets pretty complicated.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #15

thanks for the input on that Kenny.