Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Parts are here!

Old 10-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Air Traffic Controller First Class
Name: Clark
usnatclee's Tacoma Gallery
Parts are here!

I just got my 4 5100s from Downsouth Motorsports and my 2" AAL and 886 springs with 1" top plate spacers from Toytec in today. Only took 4 days to get here. I am going to get rid of my Revtec (gonna keep the diff drop) this weekend and put this on. I will post pics when it is done and will also tell you how the ride is. Any suggestions on things to do or not do when putting it on? Also I am confused if I want a full 3" lift in the front and rear with this setup what setting do the 5100s need to be on?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!! Happy for you! Post plenty of pics!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man, can't wait to see it finished. About the 3" in the front you would need to adjust them, i think by doing it manually but i think they get up to 2.5" in the front.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Set them at the bottom.Your lift will come from the 886 coils and top plate.
Don't forget the pics.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
I just got my 5100...886 springs...1" top plate spacers...
wow, you like a rough ride dont you! 886s AND a top plate spacer, hope you have an extre 200# in the front...

from what i have heard, you dont want to go past the 0.85 setting on the 5100s w/ the OME coils. dont know if it matters that your adding a top plate spacer or not?

but again, got downtravel! let us know how harse the ride is!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

I siad it on another post a while back but the reason I have 886s and not 885s is because my buddy is making me a tube/ sheet metal bumper for the front.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
cool, my 200# hopes are alive!!

sorry, i just hate seeing guys try to get 3.5" out of there trucks. the geo will just not allow it...no downtravel at all...
Old 10-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #8

I only want 3" of lift. Which gives me enough to fit my 285/70R17 BFG MTXs without cutting. Your right tho, until he finishes my bumper it is gonna be rough up front.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
with the 5100's, be sure that you keep them on the bottom/stock setting....as you cant preload those coils.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #10

So Toytec sent me 885 coils instead of 886 coils...o well. I will put the 885s on for now and change them out later on.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #11

Do I need any of the parts from my truck to assemble the spring/shock since I am replacng both? I want to have them ready to go if I dont need any parts from my truck.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
So Toytec sent me 885 coils instead of 886 coils...o well. I will put the 885s on for now and change them out later on.
Leave them in the box and get the ones you ordered.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #14

That's cool. A few months and you'll be taking it all apart again.
The mod bug is a bitch. lol..I can relate.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #15
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
with the 5100's, be sure that you keep them on the bottom/stock setting....as you cant preload those coils.

Hi, I'm new at this and knows nothing about being a mechanic. What does PRELOADING the coils mean?
Old 10-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
Hi, I'm new at this and knows nothing about being a mechanic. What does PRELOADING the coils mean?
Putting extra compression on them via a spacer or threaded adjuster on the shock body.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #17

Ok so do I need to take the coils and 5100 in to a shop and have them assemble it on the front? I would assume so. Remember that I have never done this before so you gotta break it down barney style.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #18
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ok so do I need to take the coils and 5100 in to a shop and have them assemble it on the front? I would assume so. Remember that I have never done this before so you gotta break it down barney style.
Yes. The stock bushings, coil spring isolator, and top plate will be re used.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #19
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Putting extra compression on them via a spacer or threaded adjuster on the shock body.

Gotcha Chris!

So...what do all the people with the Billys set up at 2.5 do? What do they use for front coils?
Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
Gotcha Chris!

So...what do all the people with the Billys set up at 2.5 do? What do they use for front coils?
They use the stock coils