Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

In need of ultimate taco lift ideas!

Old 10-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
4crnryotoma is on a distinguished road
4crnryotoma's Tacoma Gallery
In need of ultimate taco lift ideas!

I own a 2001 xtra cab 3.4l trd, i have made some breathing upgrades but am now ready for suspension. This is my daily driver including 12 hour road trips. So i was thinking 285 75 r16 with 3" lift coilover front and leaves in back, offset wheels and any other must haves. I need ideas.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

Consider some replacment UCA's too.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
Ktaco will become famous soon enoughKtaco will become famous soon enough

Ktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome

Sounds like you got a good set-up in mind. Toytec makes great coilover kits for our trucks IMO. A lot of us are running that kit. Aftermarket UCA's would be a good idea like Chris said. Keeps you in spec for alignment and rides a lot nicer, not to mention a little more travel.

Let me know if you need any help.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
what about camburg does anybody run that?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
Ktaco will become famous soon enoughKtaco will become famous soon enough

Ktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg are very good coilovers.

Do a search on the site and I'm sure you will find ppl running them. Someone will probably chime in with names.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4crnryotoma View Post
what about camburg does anybody run that?
Camburg CO's are basically Re badged Sway-A-Ways. If your looking for some good CO's, consider Fox, King, Sway-A-Way or Icon. As for UCA's, If you run off road alot, Total Chaos, or Camburg are good stuff.... Light Racing seems to be getting some posative reviews too, though they use a ball joint as opposed to the uniball on the TC and Camburg arms.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
what about leaves? was reading about the deaver 10 pack, is that overkill, is 8 plenty or is the pro comp set better. if i haul or tow will i have to get an air bag setup to stiffen the springs under load to prevent squat. also why aren't there air bump stops on daily driver rigs? seems like they would be a great upgrade for any 4x4 to soften a blow. what about lca are they only for huge amounts of travel? what do you think about co spacers for more lift? is the drop diff kit worth it? was also thinking gears, where is the best place to put them for daily driver?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4crnryotoma View Post
what about leaves? was reading about the deaver 10 pack, is that overkill, is 8 plenty or is the pro comp set better. if i haul or tow will i have to get an air bag setup to stiffen the springs under load to prevent squat. also why aren't there air bump stops on daily driver rigs? seems like they would be a great upgrade for any 4x4 to soften a blow. what about lca are they only for huge amounts of travel? what do you think about co spacers for more lift? is the drop diff kit worth it? was also thinking gears, where is the best place to put them for daily driver?
WOW! How 'bout one question at a time?

The Deaver 10 leaf is a great leaf pack. Other options are the OME/Dakar AAL. Depending on the leaf set up you go with, you may have to get some air bags for hauling. The LCA is fine for a mild lift. The Diff drop is not worth it, and new gears really depends on tire size, and how much you want to stay near the stock performance.