Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Clarification needed, thanks.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Clarification needed, thanks.

Hi everyone hope all is going well,

Anyway. ive read and re-read this section and I think i have finally come up with a a lift set-up. Im putting 5100's all around, TSB AAL, and 884's (i saw that solus694 was using 885's on his access cab -- why is this? the 884 sagging issue?).

Does this sound like a good way to go?

Also with the 884/885's and the front 5100's set to "0", how will the stance be. Will the rear be even with the front, or should i get the Toytec TSB AAL in addition to the regular TSB AAL. I am shooting for even or rear slightly higher.

Thanks guys (and gals),

Ted
Old 10-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
884s are the "standard spring" to lift a stock access cab. The 885's may gain you a little bit more height or they can be used to compensate for heavier front ends (winch/bumper/light bars/etc)

It's hard to guess what the height will be...They don't always come out the same. My guess is that you will be a little bit higher in the rear tho...but don't blame me if it's not so...

My one question would be- Why, if you are going to replace the shocks, are you going with the 5100s over the OME shocks??
Old 10-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info,

Good question about the OME vs. 5100's. I originally was just going to go with the 5100's (stock springs) all around and the TSB AAL, but only after they arrived did i read about the not-so-good ride with the 5100's/stock springs. So i now plan to go with the 884 or 885 springs as well. Who knows, maby i should just return the 5100's and go with the OME's. Confusing sheeit.

Thanks again,

Ted