1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clarification needed, thanks.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ZonKs, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Oct 10, 2009 at 11:05 AM
    ZonKs

ZonKs [OP] Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    Hi everyone hope all is going well,

Anyway. ive read and re-read this section and I think i have finally come up with a a lift set-up. Im putting 5100's all around, TSB AAL, and 884's (i saw that solus694 was using 885's on his access cab -- why is this? the 884 sagging issue?).

Does this sound like a good way to go?

Also with the 884/885's and the front 5100's set to "0", how will the stance be. Will the rear be even with the front, or should i get the Toytec TSB AAL in addition to the regular TSB AAL. I am shooting for even or rear slightly higher.

Thanks guys (and gals), :wave:

Ted

2. Oct 10, 2009 at 11:08 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    884s are the "standard spring" to lift a stock access cab. The 885's may gain you a little bit more height or they can be used to compensate for heavier front ends (winch/bumper/light bars/etc)

It's hard to guess what the height will be...They don't always come out the same. My guess is that you will be a little bit higher in the rear tho...but don't blame me if it's not so...

My one question would be- Why, if you are going to replace the shocks, are you going with the 5100s over the OME shocks??

3. Oct 10, 2009 at 12:14 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs [OP] Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    Thanks for the info,

Good question about the OME vs. 5100's. I originally was just going to go with the 5100's (stock springs) all around and the TSB AAL, but only after they arrived did i read about the not-so-good ride with the 5100's/stock springs. So i now plan to go with the 884 or 885 springs as well. Who knows, maby i should just return the 5100's and go with the OME's. Confusing sheeit.

Thanks again,

Ted

4. Oct 10, 2009 at 12:16 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Oh...You have the 5100s already...Makes perfect sense. I'm a fan of using parts that are built to go together...but I'm also a fan of not wasting money.

Best of luck!!

Products Discussed in

To Top