Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Sway Bar Issue

Old 10-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Sway Bar Issue

I took the sway bar off of my truck when i installed my OME Lift, well today i was cleaning out the garage and noticed that one of the joints had a small hole in it and the grease/lube inside the joint has leaked out.. it appears from moving it around there was still some inside.. is there anyway to fix this easily.. or is my sway bar f**ked.. you know incase i wanted to put it back on again at some point
Old 10-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Just replace it. Its an end link.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

its not the end link its the middle link
Old 10-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
its not the end link its the middle link
WTF are you talking about?
Old 10-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
Sticks For Troops

its the second joint.. not the very end one
Attached Thumbnails
Sway Bar Issue-sway-bar.jpg  
Old 10-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #6

Its one peice, Man...Its an "End Link" or "Stabilizer Link Assembly". Dont sweat it, and if you are gonna run it, get a new one.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
Sticks For Troops

aight thanks chris..
Old 10-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
aight thanks chris..
Old 10-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
I had similar issue. The rubber at the joint connecting to the knuckle got torn. Do I really need to replace it or is it ok to continue running with it? How much does it cost?

I see some guys removing the sway bars, so having a sway bar with this condition may be better?
Old 10-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTacoms View Post
I had similar issue. The rubber at the joint connecting to the knuckle got torn. Do I really need to replace it or is it ok to continue running with it? How much does it cost?

I see some guys removing the sway bars, so having a sway bar with this condition may be better?
Its not a big deal if it gets torn. It will still work. You might get a clunking noise from it, but if it gets bad, just replace the end link.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #11
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take your word Chris. Thanks.

But, I will Toyota extra care to see if they'll cover it.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTacoms View Post
I'll take your word Chris. Thanks.

But, I will Toyota extra care to see if they'll cover it.
Good idea.