Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Hi-Lift jack! Help!

Old 10-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Question Hi-Lift jack! Help!

Tried getting my truck off the ground the other day w/ the OEM jack in the possible event that one my tires blew; Jack isn't big enough and I need something that will work better
Thought about putting blocks under the jackmount but I'd rather get something that completely blows it out of the water, plus it gives me an excellent excuse to buy a new rad toy, like a 48" hi lift! jackhttp://www.expeditionexchange.com/hilift/

Ive seen a few members around here w/ this jack but I'm wondering how you secure it in the bed, do you like it? How do you get your lifted truck off the ground to change a tire?
thanks gents
Old 10-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
youre going to need something on your truck as a lift point...such as a steel bumper or sliders etc...stock stuff wont hold
Old 10-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
They have accessories for the jack to lift from the wheels. once up put a jack stand under it.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
I bought the 4xRAC mount kit by Hi-Lift and mounted to the passenger side of the bed using stainless steel nuts, bolts, and fender washers. The fender washers are important since they help spread the load out on the composite bed to prevent cracking. I also liked this setup since it allows you to secure your jack to the bed firmly and then use a padlock to prevent theft.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
They have accessories for the jack to lift from the wheels. once up put a jack stand under it.
x2.....they look like they'd work pretty good for certain wheels.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A 4x4 w/o a Hi Lift isn't really a 4x4...well not a equipped one imo.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i used the 4xrac to mount my hi-lift.(toolbox mount)

Old 10-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #10
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
you can use your receiver hitch for the rear but you in the same boat as me for the front without sliders or bumpers
Old 10-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #12
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
If you do get sliders WabFab makes a Hi-Lift adapter for round sliders.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #13
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
I have a HiLift jack but no sliders or front bumper. So I am planning to weld up the stock jack with an extension so I can use it to jack up the front from the stock lift point.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #14
heavy user
mm1ssdv is on a distinguished road

Navy: nuke sub mechanic / diver
Name: Chris
mm1ssdv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i used the 4xrac to mount my hi-lift.(toolbox mount)

that is exactly what i've been looking for. brilliant.