1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spring TSB “Part” Equivalent

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by fauskar, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Oct 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    fauskar

fauskar [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    Hitch
    Problem: I’m currently evaluating my alternatives if I cannot get the TSB installed for free.
    I have a 2009 (Non TRD, V6, 6spd, manual, SR5) without the spring TSB and I’m interested in increasing my load carrying capacity for towing. After doing searches across this forum, I’m over whelmed by the amount of suspension threads and cannot find a specific answer to my question. It may have been answered before but I haven’t been able to find it.
    Any helpful comments are appreciated.

Question: Can I achieve the same results as Toyota’s Spring TSB by installing 5100’s front & rear, and changing to “Dakar” leaf springs?

2. Oct 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    Yeah, I would say you would be going way over and above what you get with the TSB.

If you have a 2009, I don't see why you wouldn't get the TSB though. You can get it approved...

Products Discussed in

To Top