Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Spring TSB “Part” Equivalent

Old 10-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
fauskar is on a distinguished road
Name: Rick
fauskar's Tacoma Gallery
Spring TSB “Part” Equivalent

Problem: I’m currently evaluating my alternatives if I cannot get the TSB installed for free.
I have a 2009 (Non TRD, V6, 6spd, manual, SR5) without the spring TSB and I’m interested in increasing my load carrying capacity for towing. After doing searches across this forum, I’m over whelmed by the amount of suspension threads and cannot find a specific answer to my question. It may have been answered before but I haven’t been able to find it.
Any helpful comments are appreciated.

Question: Can I achieve the same results as Toyota’s Spring TSB by installing 5100’s front & rear, and changing to “Dakar” leaf springs?
Old 10-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I would say you would be going way over and above what you get with the TSB.

If you have a 2009, I don't see why you wouldn't get the TSB though. You can get it approved...