LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

eibach spring question

Old 10-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
eibach spring question

toytec used to sell a coilover kit with the silver eibach springs, look like the ones on their website that give the 1.6" lift.
i was curious if both those springs are the same or if the springs that were included in the coilovers had a lower spring rate and dont give the initial 1.6" lift?

thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
It has been discussed before and I think it was determined they are different, but not by very much.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
they're different springs. I dont know about the spring rates, but one difference is the bottom of the spring- on the CO kit its flattened for the seat on the spring collar, but the factory replacement 1.6" lift ones arent; the spring loops around and comes to an end randomly and unevenly.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ya i searched through the number of threads and wasnt able to find it unfortunately so i was just curious if anyone happened to know the rates of the different springs. thanks guys
Old 10-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
they're different springs. I dont know about the spring rates, but one difference is the bottom of the spring- on the CO kit its flattened for the seat on the spring collar, but the factory replacement 1.6" lift ones arent; the spring loops around and comes to an end randomly and unevenly.
Not so. The bottom of the Eibach is flat and the ends on the top and bottom stop in the same spot when looking at a set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
ya i searched through the number of threads and wasnt able to find it unfortunately so i was just curious if anyone happened to know the rates of the different springs. thanks guys
The eibach spring rate is 620#.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #6
Almost there

regardless of the coilover or the ones they sell separate? and they stock spring rates what 520 540 for an sr5 suspension?
Old 10-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
Almost there

do you know the spring rate of 884's or the stock springs which i think are 540 or something
Old 10-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #8
Tacoluver will become famous soon enough
Tacoluver's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry not trying to jack but the description on toyyecs' site says that the Eibachs' can be used with Bilstein height adjustable shocks for more lift. Is this to say I could crank the Bilies up to 1.75 install these and have just over 3" of lift? If so these sound like adjustable coilover springs to me.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoluver View Post
Sorry not trying to jack but the description on toyyecs' site says that the Eibachs' can be used with Bilstein height adjustable shocks for more lift. Is this to say I could crank the Bilies up to 1.75 install these and have just over 3" of lift? If so these sound like adjustable coilover springs to me.
No. They recommend the 0 setting for use with the coilovers.