Possible way to clear 35" with minimal lift

Old 10-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
FIREFIGHTER
fftank76 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: TANK
fftank76's Tacoma Gallery
Possible way to clear 35" with minimal lift

ok so correct me if im wrong this will be my first lift i have attempted on my own or should i say do myself??? i have had lifted jeeps and other trucks in the past but now i have my tacoma i was thinking why cant we simply put the 3" spacer lift with adjustable coilover to achieve are goal of running 35" without haveing to pay for a 6" kit i was thinking this could be very possible without binding up the cv joints and could give us the lift we need please advise me on this
Old 10-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Stacking lifts is a NO-NO! It is very unsafe.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
lOL!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nad's Tacoma Gallery
give it a try post your results please

dont you think they make 6 inch kits for a reason?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Stacking lifts is a NO-NO! It is very unsafe.
x2, the only way for a 35" tire to clear is a 6" Lift, and a Re-Gear the Diffs.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
If you really want to run 35's with minimal lift, install some adjustable coilovers and new upper control arms in the front, new leaf springs in the rear, trim and reinforce your cab mounts up front, run wheel spacers, and either cut your stock fenders or install fiberglass all around.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
maXXXed out mid travel
straycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: paul
straycat241's Tacoma Gallery
you can get spindles and coilovers to clear 35'' but you might need fiberglass or to trim the body to frame mounts to get full clearance if you plan to offroad with em i got 31s and have rubbing on my fenders on compression
Old 10-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
hey let em stack a lift. god will decide if he needs to live or not.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #9
FIREFIGHTER
fftank76 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: TANK
fftank76's Tacoma Gallery
to the ass bags

ok so to the assbags who made asshole comments when i simply asked on something i thought could be possible since there are so many threads and replies and views on possibly clearing 35" u need to quit being douche bags i appreciate the actual info on possibiliteies thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fftank76 View Post
ok so to the assbags who made asshole comments when i simply asked on something i thought could be possible since there are so many threads and replies and views on possibly clearing 35" u need to quit being douche bags i appreciate the actual info on possibiliteies thanks
and thank you for not using the search to find the 100000000000000000000 thread that are already about this subject

and since your butthurt here is the answer. you can run a spacer on top of a 3" coilover because with the 3" you have already maxed out your travel with the front cv shaft but since you have a pre runner you will still max out your travel wth the uca and lca. you can stack them if you want and when we never see you again we will understand you are setting in the middle of the woods somewhere.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
35's on a prerunner lOL!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #13
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
35's on a prerunner lOL eh!
canadians...LOL
Old 10-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
beech creek lOL! jk idk where that is

you gotta make sure the first l is lower case it gives the feeling that I am laughing louder the more I laugh!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #16
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
...so I guess the answer is... no? LOL

Heck I say keep the stock wheels and tires, get the 35's and tinker with it until you're satisfied. You have your heart set on 35's, then get 'em, and start modding until you're happy. Until then, run the stock wheels and tires...

I am also advising against stacking lifts. It's a "pay me now or pay me later" type of thing. My .02 is to save up and do the lift rght. Your truck is your baby!

I don't think these guys intended to come off this way - it's hard to express "joking" or sarcastic remarks with a keyboard... at least that's my theory! LOL
Old 10-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #17
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
you did say correct you if you were wrong.....
Old 10-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fftank76 View Post
ok so correct me if im wrong this will be my first lift i have attempted on my own or should i say do myself??? i have had lifted jeeps and other trucks in the past but now i have my tacoma i was thinking why cant we simply put the 3" spacer lift with adjustable coilover to achieve are goal of running 35" without haveing to pay for a 6" kit i was thinking this could be very possible without binding up the cv joints and could give us the lift we need please advise me on this
The 4-6" lifts are expensive and 'different' for a very good reason.

You can't run spacers & an adjustable strut and actually adjust it to gain more lift because there's far too much pressure on that strut. First off - getting a stock coil compressed to put a spacer in is hard enough. But putting a spacer in and then trying to adjust the strut after all that? Good Luck!! There's WAY too much force & pressure pressing down on the coil seat on the strut itself. You'll end up breaking something (strut) badly if you tried to get more than 3" of lift from a setup like that.

Not only that, but you have axle shaft angles to worry about, steering geometry/knuckles, etc etc.

Just save up the money and go with a 6" kit off the shelf. Its' been designed for a reason, been around for many many years, tried, true, and tested by many.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #19

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole47 View Post
you did say correct you if you were wrong.....
We're very good at enthusiastically correcting people around here.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #20
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
hey let em stack a lift. god will decide if he needs to live or not.
As long as he doesn't fall apart and hurt some innocent person that happens to be next to him