Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just installed my new lift!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Air Traffic Controller First Class
Name: Clark
usnatclee's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed my new lift!

So I got rid of my spacer lift last night and went to a suspension lift. I put on OME 885s and Bilstein 5100s set to 0.85 up front and a 2" Toytec AAL and Bilstein 5100s in the rear. We measured and with the new set up I have 3.5" in the rear and 3.35" in the front. The ride difference is night and day. The new set up rides smooth! With my spacer lift I had wheel wobble from 45-50 and above 60. With the new set up I have absolutley no wobble (except what you could expect from 285/70R17 BFG KMs). I will post pics when my fiance gets home (the camera is in her purse).

Here are some pictures of the install. I will take pictures of how it sits when it gets back from getting the alignment (about 2 hours from now).

Andy and Ben working on the shocks and springs

5100 VS stock shock

Wheel well with no shock or spring

Front passenger side with new shock and spring installed.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Foster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to all

Foster9091's Tacoma Gallery
sounds nice
lets see it
Old 10-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
x2
Old 10-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Uhhhh, I heard you are supposed to set the Billy's at 0" height!?!?! Thats what I was told. Many people told me that its bad if you set the Billy's an higher because the springs will do the lifting.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

The guy that helped me install it used to work for 4wheelparts and said that you can set them at 0.85 and not use the top plate spacer that comes with the kit from toytec. It equals out to the same height.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
jessej432 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jesse
jessej432's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait to see pics!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
The guy that helped me install it used to work for 4wheelparts and said that you can set them at 0.85 and not use the top plate spacer that comes with the kit from toytec. It equals out to the same height.
Oh okay got yah! Yeah that makes sense.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
Tacoluver will become famous soon enough
Tacoluver's Tacoma Gallery
Good work! Looks like the stock Bilie and the 5100 are at the same length at full extension. I wonder if they have the same amount of travel. Also at 3.35" of lift on stock UCA's I hope you're able to get it aligned within specs. Post a couple of profile pics too.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #11

Yep I got it alligned properly. I would suggest getting new UCAs if you have the money. I am saving for them now.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #13
thedude5108 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
thedude5108's Tacoma Gallery
Were you able to buy the Billies without a spring or did you have to buy the full coilovers, take them apart, and have an extra set of springs left over?
Old 10-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #15
Tacoluver will become famous soon enough
Tacoluver's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice and level!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #16

It does not sit level. Once the rear settles it should sit level. The rear is 0.15 inches higher than the front.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #17
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
Yep I got it alligned properly. I would suggest getting new UCAs if you have the money. I am saving for them now.
So your alignment is back to spec? hmmmmm. Either way your tires will start wearing uneven so get the ucas soon if you dont want to sacrifice your tires.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #18
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! did a good job and nice pics
Old 10-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #20

Would this work with my set up? Remember I have stock rims.

Camburg "Ball-Joint" Upper Control Arm Set: 379.00/pr
Replacement Ball-Joint Set: 145.00/pr

Looking to change out your upper control arms without hitting the bank account too hard? Camburg now offers a performance upper arm that utilizes the OEM type Toyota ball-joint. You re-use your factory ball joint or we have new premium aftermarket joints available. It gives many of the same benefits their uniball upper arms offer at a much lower cost. By building an upper arm to re-angle the ball-joint, you’re able to gain more wheel travel and keep the joint in its normal operating range. These arms also correct the suspension geometry by increasing much needed caster which improves handling and allows for a wider range of alignment adjustment. The tubular construction also gives you more tire & shock clearance compared to the stock stamped arm.
Ball-Joint Arm Specs:
- Tubular chromoly upper a-arms
- Re-angled ball-joint to increase wheel travel over stock
- Increase in positive caster geometry for better handling
- Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings with thick inner sleeves
- Uses factory ball-joints and hardware
- Includes all necessary hardware
- Stainless steel ABS line clamps
- Powder coated gray finish

Notes:
These arms are designed to be used with stock unmodified spindles or Camburg performance lift spindles in conjunction with an approved 2"-3" lift bolt-in coilover. They were not designed to be used in conjunction with other suspension kits or spacer type kits.
Maximum wheel backspacing = 4.50"