Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

HELP! Lower shock not aligned with Top bolts

Old 10-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
HELP! Lower shock not aligned with Top bolts

I pick my coilovers up from the shop and one of them is off a small amount. I read somewhere how to turn it, but can't find the thread. It looks like it needs to be turned a small amount to slide into place. How do I do this?
Old 10-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
No dice, doesnt feel like it wants to budge.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Put the tapered end of one of these in the lower shock mount and use the wrench as leverage to rotate stuff as needed. It's designed to move so don't worry about breaking anything.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...1060_200361060
Old 10-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Put the tapered end of one of these in the lower shock mount and use the wrench as leverage to rotate stuff as needed. It's designed to move so don't worry about breaking anything.

What I did to mine minus the tool
Old 10-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post

didnt know you could force it. I was afraid of breaking something so i took it back to the shop where they had the spring compressor.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
didnt know you could force it. I was afraid of breaking something so i took it back to the shop where they had the spring compressor.
Despite my track record, it is possible to force suspension stuff on these trucks without snapping things in 2 pieces. If the shocks give way under that kind of pressure then something's wrong and they were gonna break on you anyway.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #10

Firefighter:
Thanks everyone for your comments. Got everything installed, will post pics later.