Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ICONS/All Pro/Total Chaos installed finally.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
ICONS/All Pro/Total Chaos installed finally.

Finally got around to installing everything between last night and this morning.

The truck back in 2007

Parts pile I started out with last night.

1. ICON Extended Travel Remote Reservoir front coil-overs
2. ICON Rear reservoir shocks
3. Total Chaos UCA's
4. All Pro 3" lift rear leaf springs
5. All Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit
6. Timbren rear bump stops
7. Toytec Carrier Bearing Drop Kit
8. All Pro SS Brake Lines

And to the build

Havent installed my Timbrens yet since I didn't have a tap and die set for the bracket. I wish the All-Pro flip kit plate was already drilled for it. Would make sense since they sell it as a kit.

Ride height differences

FRONT BEFORE

FRONT AFTER

REAR BEFORE

REAR AFTER

--------------------------

Will be getting my Moto Metals and 285's installed on Monday. They will finish off a long wait to lift my truck. I ordered all the parts back the first of September and just now finally had all the parts to do the install. Wasn't too bad but I think ill hold off on any more major projects for a while. For some weird reason the carrier bearing drop kit was a whore to install. I thought about doing an at length write up on installing everything but once I got started I really didn't feel like taking alot of pictures.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Awesome setup!
Old 10-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
nice set up. congrats
Old 10-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
Huge difference! I like it alot. Can't wait to see it with the Motos and 285s.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post

How's the handling, on and offroad? If you've gotten the chance yet.
Haven't gotten to drive it much yet. I'm hesitant until I get get to Lowes and get a tap so I can mount my Timbrens. Once I do that I will find a spot to take her offroad. I am a little worried as the driveshaft vibration is pretty bad. It wasnt bad when I had only installed the fronts. I installed the CB drop kit, but it was a real pain to get the new bolts back in and I don't know for sure if I have it adjusted as far forward as it was stock. Now that I have the truck on the ground I might see if its easier to minipulate.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #9
jrodrigo621 has a spectacular aura aboutjrodrigo621 has a spectacular aura about

Name: jRod
jrodrigo621's Tacoma Gallery
it looks really goo man, i just installed the fox coilovers with the camburg, but the reservoir its hidden, and in yours the reservoir its in plain sight and that is what i wanted with my coilovers but i think that if i show more my equipment im afraid that my truck will be stolen ...

Congrats!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #10
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribing.
I wanna see the finished product with the wheels.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice your truck looks great. I dont know if you can shim the rear cus of the u-bolt flip but toy tec shims stopped just about all my vibes.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #12
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
So jealous. i been saving for that exact front suspension set up, it looks really good man, have fun in the dirt when u get a chance.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #13
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanspawn View Post
Haven't gotten to drive it much yet. I'm hesitant until I get get to Lowes and get a tap so I can mount my Timbrens. Once I do that I will find a spot to take her offroad. I am a little worried as the driveshaft vibration is pretty bad. It wasnt bad when I had only installed the fronts. I installed the CB drop kit, but it was a real pain to get the new bolts back in and I don't know for sure if I have it adjusted as far forward as it was stock. Now that I have the truck on the ground I might see if its easier to minipulate.
understandable. Let us know when you get a chance. Sorry about your vibes. I think a one piece drive shaft will solve your problem but I don't know how much that is.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #15
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, cant wait to see it with the wheels and tires, what tires are you going with?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #16
Work In Progress

Got the wheels/tires and nerf bars installed today. I am extremely pleased with how it looks though finding pictures of this exact setup on TacomaWorld wasn't hard so I knew what it was going to look like. Interestingly enough my really harsh driveline vibration is almost non-exhistant after the alignment and rim install.

Had to remove the front mud guards because they badly rubbed at minimal turn. After they were off I had to remove a little bit of the fender (not much at all). The cab mount support will either have to be trimmed a little bit or given a sledge hammer treatment. Its not a major rub but a rub none the less. Now I only rub anywhere at full turn.

Also got my new Wheelers front bump stops. They are pretty nice and very easy to install.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #17
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Man I hate those rims, I think they look so stupid ........ Wait I have the same ones Truck looks great, I beat it rides even better. Good job
Old 10-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #18
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
truck looks good, nice choice of parts - but i gotta ask...why the banks sticker?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #19
Work In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
truck looks good, nice choice of parts - but i gotta ask...why the banks sticker?
It came with my exhaust and at the time I thought it would look cool on the truck. I'm too lazy to remove it now.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #20
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
ahhh. i didn't know they made stuff for our trucks. how does it sound?