Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How do you know if you have the TSB Installed

Old 10-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
How do you know if you have the TSB Installed

I am reading over on wheelersoffroad about there leaf packs and they indicate that the TSB springs have 4 springs

Quote:
For Tacoma's that have had an extra leaf added by the dealer under a factory Technical Service Bulletin repair giving the vehicle 3 leafs plus an overload in their rear springs

So I see on my trunk (2010 DC TRD) I have 3 springs plus an overload, so is it an assumption that 4 springs means the TSB has been done??

Just trying to figure this out before I order my rear AAL..

Thanks
Old 10-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You would have 4 leaf springs instead of 3
Old 10-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Chris are you saying 4 total or 4 leafs plus an overload??

Thanks
Old 10-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
Chris are you saying 4 total or 4 leafs plus an overload??

Thanks
4 total. 3 + 1 overload.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #5

Cool, so I have the TSB installed on my 2010... Thanks Chris
Old 10-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #6

Old 10-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #7

Unhappy

Just double checked....

I have only three...so I need to go with the 2" AAL versu the 1.5"
Old 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #8

Quote:

Just double checked....

I have only three...so I need to go with the 2" AAL versu the 1.5"
I figured as much.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #9

Maybe one day they will catch up with the 2009 & the 2010...or here is a bright idea...change it before they leave the factory...odd that my truck has a sticker that only states less then 4 pounds of cargo capacity when my 2009 stated 300+

I would have thought that capacity difference would be the same as my 2009 which did not have the TSB

Old 10-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #10

Hey Chris, if I go with the 1.5 AAL (Knowing I do not have the TSB) and use the 5100's up front with my stock springs, will I be able to level it out? what setting do you think II would need the Bilsteins on?
Old 10-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Hey Chris, if I go with the 1.5 AAL (Knowing I do not have the TSB) and use the 5100's up front with my stock springs, will I be able to level it out? what setting do you think II would need the Bilsteins on?
Yeah, That will be pretty close to level. Set the 5100's at 2.5"
Old 10-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #12

Wow, that high huh? I was thinking they would be set at 1.75 or so...

EDIT:

Trying to keep from buying the whole Ultimate kit when I don't really need it, just want to lift 1.5 - 2 inches..
Old 10-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Wow, that high huh? I was thinking they would be set at 1.75 or so...

EDIT:

Trying to keep from buying the whole Ultimate kit when I don't really need it, just want to lift 1.5 - 2 inches..
You can try it on the 1.75" setting first. You should be able to keep your alignment in check at that setting better than the 2.5"
Old 10-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #14

I am thinking for better adjustabilty I might just have to spring for the Toytec coil overs, but I guess I could try it the cheaper route of just getting the AAL (1.5) for the rear and the Bilsteins for the front.. to many decisions

Chris, if I am going maximum of 2 inches do you think i would need to shim the rear axle?? for $30.00 bucks it's not a expensive option, just want to be sure I need it
Old 10-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #15

Quote:
I am thinking for better adjustabilty I might just have to spring for the Toytec coil overs, but I guess I could try it the cheaper route of just getting the AAL (1.5) for the rear and the Bilsteins for the front.. to many decisions

Chris, if I am going maximum of 2 inches do you think i would need to shim the rear axle?? for $30.00 bucks it's not a expensive option, just want to be sure I need it
Nope. You will be fine