Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Would you do it?

Old 10-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Would you do it?

Ok, Im looking at getting the Pro Comp Trac Bars for my 2006 sport to help stop my driveline/axle wrap. The only thing is I have to drill a hole in my frame to mount the forward bracket. Knowing that the new Tacoma's frames are not the strongest, would you drill it? Or weld it? Or are there other options out there?
Old 10-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
welding it is alot worse then drillin a hole
Old 10-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwild View Post
welding it is alot worse then drillin a hole
How so? Maybe just because I am studying for my deforms exam, but I don't see how that would be true
Old 10-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
How so? Maybe just because I am studying for my deforms exam, but I don't see how that would be true
I agree, how?

I'm planning on welding on light tabs to my allpro tube bumper, but my gf insists that I just drill holes through it because I currently have no access to a welder. I don't want to affect the integrity of the bumper in any way...which drilling a hole half the diameter of the tube itself will probably do.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
As far as frame strength is concerned, I know this guy: http://www.bajataco.com/vikingvince/...c/enlfr.htm?18

got his frame reinforced by welding more crap onto it...so it seems that there IS a concern for the strength of those frames not being sufficient.