Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Sway away racerunner 2.5"

Old 02-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Sway away racerunner 2.5"

When I finally get my truck later on, I've decided to spend the extra money and go with these instead of the cheap 2.5" bushing spacer route.

How hard are these to install? Seems it would be pretty easy since you don't need to compress the SAW spring? Do you still need to compress the factory springs to remove them?

What about relocating the sway, is that easy?

If anybody as a DIY link that would be great.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
These are a cinch to put on. You don't need to compress the OEM springs to remove them. Just undo the 3 smaller nuts and the lower bolt. DO NOT REMOVE THE MIDDLE NUT ON THE TOP, that will cause catastrophic results if you do that. You won't need to relocate the sway bar to install it either, although it might be wise to disconnect the sway bar to get more articulation to install/remove the shocks.

DIY: http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamo...hoeinstall.htm
Old 02-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #3
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Oh cool thanks for that. One question. The kit I was looking at online said it comes with a sway bar relocation kit as well, which sounds like some sort of brackets, bolts or something, that permentaly relocate the sways.. Is it nessiary to relocate the sways with the 2.5" coil overs?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:03 AM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm, never heard of anything like that before for a 1st gen Taco, what year Taco do you have?