Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" Spacer/AAL Lift with or without TSB?

Old 10-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
bluevan99 will become famous soon enoughbluevan99 will become famous soon enough
bluevan99's Tacoma Gallery
3" Spacer/AAL Lift with or without TSB?

Hey y'all

just picked up a new (for me, last truck was a 20r) 07 Tacoma LB DC TRD sport 4wd stock suspension and after-market 17's, 30k miles.

I would like to level it out and lift a touch, have seen the many options and read hours of great threads.

Decided to go simple with 3" spacer/aal since my driving is mostly on-road with some dirt/farm road and snow driving. I haul light loads around and haven't had a problem with the stock 3 leaf yet.

I haven't had the TSB done but i do qualify. Not sure if i should have the TSB done in addition to the aal or just go with the aal. I'm ok with the stock ride but a bit firmer is also ok. I've talked to a couple of manufacturers reps and gotten wishy washy -you could do either- answers from all.

Would love to hear opinions from people with experience with this situation and the larger tacomas. Will the combo of leaves be too stiff and have a poor ride with light or no loads, or does the larger and heavier dc/lb soften it out?

I know some will not like my choice of lift so i respect and consider other options also, just want whats right for my needs without breaking the bank. I've searched forums on multiple sites and haven't gotten a good answer from what i've read but please give me a link if i've totally missed something.

Thanks for any help and patience.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my truck with that same lift, running 265/75/16's
Old 10-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
bluevan99 will become famous soon enoughbluevan99 will become famous soon enough
bluevan99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
Here's my truck with that same lift, running 265/75/16's
Truck looks good! Is that Pro comp AAL without the TSB and you are pleased?