Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift kit suggestions

Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
951TRD has a spectacular aura about951TRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
951TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Lift kit suggestions

Hey everyone, Im new to this site and look forward to all of the different ideas for my new Tacoma. Does anyone recommend the 2.5" spacer kit or the 3" kit? If so, do you have any pictures of either to compare?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, without any numbers in front of me I would have to say that the Toytec 3" lift is most popular, but you must be careful, there are a few members here that have some install issues. You can go to a 33's on tires.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Welcome to TW, without any numbers in front of me I would have to say that the Toytec 3" lift is most popular, but you must be careful, there are a few members here that have some install issues. You can go to a 33's on tires.
+1. the 2.5 lift is less hassle
Old 02-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
jlvanek is on a distinguished road
jlvanek's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Revtech 3" lift and do not have any issues other than a little tire rub when the wheel is cranked. Dealer installed, so I do not know how big of a pain in the arse it is to install. Looks sweet though! This is my first post so I do not have any pictures yet, we just got 14" of snow today so I'm just getting a breath between shoveling.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
i have the toytec 3" lift, and i cant rave about it enought... i LOVE IT!!!! installing was not that big of pain.... an extra set of hands would been great, but did it all my lonesome and managed, took about 8 hours tho, doing it again, would have taken maybe 5. if you decide to go with it, call me. i'll give you my number, and over the phone tips will be better than anything i can type.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
i was n your spot and i would say that the most popular lift that ive seen on any site is the 3"revtek. ive seen them in person and they look pretty sick. install cant tell you about cause i didnt go with that lift. im actually waiting on my fabtech 6" coilover system to come in. i figure what the hell higher vantage point to check out the surf. least thats what i tell myself.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
go atleast 3in i wish i went bigger
Old 02-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003greenbean View Post
go atleast 3in i wish i went bigger
Yeah, my truck doesn't even look lifted to me anymore. But, I'll never have 2+ grand to drop on my truck in one sitting.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:32 AM   #9
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Revtek 3" and installed it myself. Pretty easy if you have the right tools. Disassembling the front coils can be a pain if you don't have a good spring compressor. The rest is easy.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #10
tacomataco is on a distinguished road
tacomataco's Tacoma Gallery
The 3" Revtech has pretty good reviews, the Toytech has had some vibration issues though from what Iv'e heard. I would personaly go with a 3" Fabtech it's more worthy off road.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #11
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Yeah, my truck doesn't even look lifted to me anymore. But, I'll never have 2+ grand to drop on my truck in one sitting.
ihave the same prob i guess i am just use to the look
Old 02-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #12
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I have the Revtek 3" and installed it myself. Pretty easy if you have the right tools. Disassembling the front coils can be a pain if you don't have a good spring compressor. The rest is easy.
If you do it yourself make sure you have a spring compressor, other wise this is what you have to do......

This sucks!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #13
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
If you do it yourself make sure you have a spring compressor, other wise this is what you have to do......

This sucks!!!!
That looks dangerous, and how exactly do you release the tension slowly? You can borrow a spring compressor from the autoparts chains for a deposit.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #14
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That looks dangerous, and how exactly do you release the tension slowly? You can borrow a spring compressor from the autoparts chains for a deposit.
Yes this is dangerous. My buddy lives out in the middel of nowhere so no autoparts stores around. His brother has one but he was not home and we had planned on getting it, didn't workout but this did. Use a long screw driver to release the tension.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #15

That's like some MacGuyver sh*t there. Way to wing it.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #16
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 3" spacer kit, but mine went on top of the stock coilovers. way easier than trying to remove the springs and add the preload spacer, plus this makes it ride nearly the same as stock.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #17
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my buddy used C-clamps to compressthe springs on his wrangler. they looked like they were gonna shoot off at 2000 fps at any minute...
Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
my buddy used C-clamps to compressthe springs on his wrangler. they looked like they were gonna shoot off at 2000 fps at any minute...
I was nervous even with the spring compressor.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #19
unclederrty is on a distinguished road
unclederrty's Tacoma Gallery
99 trd lift questions

hey im new to this site. i have a 99 trd package with 31's on it now. What is the best lift to go with? It is ext. cab 5 speed. I was also looking into the trd supercharger does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks
Old 02-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclederrty View Post
hey im new to this site. i have a 99 trd package with 31's on it now. What is the best lift to go with? It is ext. cab 5 speed. I was also looking into the trd supercharger does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks
There are a lot of things to consider. How much you want to spend, how high do you want to go, do you offroad much (if so, how rough), It's just not as simple as what's the best.