1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytech Ultimate Lift kit for 2003 DC

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dibbs, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Oct 20, 2009 at 7:32 AM
    dibbs

dibbs [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    2003 Double-Cab TRD 4x4
    I've been reading the FAQ's and posts in this forum, and am strongly leaning towards purchasing the Toytech Ultimate kit for my 2003 DC 4x4 in the next couple of days.
    I am looking at ease of installation, and for the most part would like to maintain the quality of ride. I need to get this purchased, and since I have limited mechanical skills and patience, will probably have a mechanic friend do the install for me, and I'll assist or get in the way.
    I will need to purchase tires as well with winter rapidly approaching, and am looking for clearance in the wheel wells for tires/chains as well as a little additional ground clearance so I can REALLY get stuck when the snow gets deep. I have 2 sets of OEM wheels, one 15" and one 16". I'm leaning towards firestone destination MT tires, as the reviews from tire rack seem good and they look like they should do well in the mud and snow. Toytech currently has the AAL, but not the rear spring replacement set.
    I probably missed the answers/recommendations in the search of posts, but if you would kindly give me your recommendations I'd appreciate it.

Also, I tow a 19ft travel trailer (4000lbs) a couple times a year.

Thanks.

2. Oct 20, 2009 at 8:00 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Welcome to TW!!

What exactly are you looking for? Tire and tire size recommendations?

3. Oct 20, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    dibbs

dibbs [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    2003 Double-Cab TRD 4x4
    Would a new spring pack be a better ride than the AAL? Anything special I should consider based on occasional trailer towing?

Based on my description and mechanical shortcomings, is this the best route to go for my needs of additional clearance/lift?

Finally what tire size should I look at after the lift is installed. Currently running 245/75 16's in the spring/summer,and in the late fall winter running older Schwab wild country RVT's 235/75/15's because they allow me to run chains on all 4 w/o tearing up the wheel wells. With the 16" tires, chains on the front currently are questionable. Thanks again.

4. Oct 20, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    Here is the link for wheelers:

They are very friendly to deal with and can answer any question you throw at them.

Both kits have many users here and i have yet to hear anything bad about either. I am just throwing another option out there for you.

5. Oct 20, 2009 at 9:56 AM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    Here is what you are expecting to get into with the install with either kit sans the UCA's. It isn't rocket science so if you have basic wrench turning abilities you should have no problem. And as always there are hundred's of people here willing to help.

Products Discussed in

To Top