LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Full Leaf Packs

Old 10-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
Question Full Leaf Packs

Which set if you were going to replace the whole pack would you go with?

ALCAN

Deaver

OME

All Pro

Dakars

or are there others I am missing??
Old 10-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Ome.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

yeah I have been leaning towards the OME, but wanted see what others experience has been, I see a lot of Deavers for sale...???
Old 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
ome dakar
Old 10-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
If haven't looked in a while but do the Deavers or the Alcans have Over Load Springs.?
Old 10-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
I really like my Allpro 3".
Old 10-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #9

wow looking at the ALL Pro, they are a whole lot cheaper...what gives there??
Old 10-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #12
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if u need good weight capacity, dont do AP's. just an FYI. the gas tank made mine lean to the drivers side about 1/2".
Old 10-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #13
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrezidentRedz View Post
If haven't looked in a while but do the Deavers or the Alcans have Over Load Springs.?
I don't think the Deavers do, and I know the Alcans dont because that's what I have. Alcan will basically make you a custom leaf, based on what you tell them. If you have an accurate way to weigh your truck, or if you can accurately guess what your normal weight load in the rear is, you can tell them how high you want it and they'll make you brand new custom springs. It takes a few weeks, since they are making the leaf pack just for your truck, and it's about $600, but it's worth it in my opinion. My truck rides great, and I've had heavy, full loads in it and it barely sags, so I wouldn't be worried about no overload leaf.

I'd also say like everybody else did, look at Wheelers Offroad, but if you go with Alcan's I'd get them straight from the factory, not thru Wheelers.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #14
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i didnt do a full swap but I did replace my overload leaf with a 3 leaf pack from wheelers. its pretty smooth
Old 10-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #15
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
and the most important question...what it your goal w/ the leafs?

loading = OME (aka dakars)
dezert running = deaver, allpro,
specific = alcan
lift = nearly all of them. alcan can make you 15" lift springs if you want, but all others are in the 1.5-3" range..

i personally have the TSB leafs, but just picked up a set of the dakars (OME) for better load carrying capability and ride quality...cant wait to install them.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #16
sibanez is on a distinguished road
sibanez's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sibanez
I have run both Dakars and Alcans and would recommend either setup. The Dakars aren't as smooth,, but they don't beat you up either and they'll carry a ton of weight. Alcans, even set up to carry more than stock, are smooth and flex like crazy. The Dakars are cheaper and will carry more weight, but the Alcans are customizable and made in America. I highly suggest giving Alcan a call before you do anything else.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #17

well it sounds like for me the OME is the way to go based on the feedback here....Have to save a little bit longer...