Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Is this a good lift. Pro comp 3" suspension lift/top gun customz

Old 10-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Is this a good lift. Pro comp 3" suspension lift/top gun customz

http://images.marketplaceadvisor.cha...9tacoma3in.jpg
http://images.marketplaceadvisor.cha...9tacoma3in.jpg

The lift sounds good for the price only $400 and it comes with front and rear shocks front coils and rear add a lear. i currently have a crappy spacer lift. Should I replace it with this?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the Bilstein 5100's and a rear aal instead imo.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
the only think is i wanted to get 3"s of lift so later on i can put some 33"s on. Is their any way i can get 3"s of lift from the 5100s like running a half inch spacer on top of the 5100's?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
I have the Pro Comp suspension lift and no complaints!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #5

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fghtngsquirrel View Post
I have the Pro Comp suspension lift and no complaints!
Is it the same one that I posted. I have seen other pro comp lifts also.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yep, that's the one. My rear is Skyjacker because the shop was out of the Pro Comp, but they said it was comparable.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
I have that same lift also...no compaints. See my gallery.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #8

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your help guys. Both or your trucks look sick. I think you made my mind up for me. How was the install? Did you guys go it yourselves? And did you have to extend the rear break line in order to accomplish the 3"s of lift in the back?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #9
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

I had a shop install mine... took a little over an hour. Didn't have to extend the brake lines at all... solid first lift I would say!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:44 AM   #11
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I read that procomp shocks aren't to great but iam sure they be fine for just driving around town, and the only time you go offroad is to go to the beach or getting to that camp site. I would get some shock boots to keep the dirt out. Also look into getting new UCAs to correct alignment
Old 10-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #12
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

The shop I bought it from charged $200, and 4 Wheel Parts wanted $400...

I've been offroad a couple times and it held up great, but I wouldn't expect it to have the same quality as a $800-1200 kit.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #13
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the same lift for 387$ shipping included from truckaddons.com, check it out, and don't forget to use the promo code OFF 20, i think that's it
Old 10-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #15

MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
i wish there was a 4 wheel parts near me to do it for $200 i wonder if anyone near me in nj will do it for $200
Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #16
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

If you find a good offroad shop, see if they can order it for you at the same price, and they should be more inclined to discount the install. That's what I did with mine...got the kit next-day vs. waiting for it to be in stock and shipped, plus they discounted the install. Best of luck to you!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #18
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

uood8's Tacoma Gallery
i put my lift on myself...pretty easy ( i say its easy, but i've lifted several trucks and lowered tons of cars so it wasn't my first time), i had a shop swap out my springs for me since the procomps are really stiff (40 bucks and well worth it). all 4 shocks come with boots to keep dust and dirt out.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
i put my lift on myself...pretty easy ( i say its easy, but i've lifted several trucks and lowered tons of cars so it wasn't my first time), i had a shop swap out my springs for me since the procomps are really stiff (40 bucks and well worth it). all 4 shocks come with boots to keep dust and dirt out.

Where did you buy yours because I was told that from truckaddons.com they werent included, I actually just got my pair in the mail from summit, 13$
Old 10-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #20

uood8's Tacoma Gallery
i bought it from a guy who got sent 2 kits by 4wd parts i believe.... they would never send anyone to come get the extra kit. Maybe they were seperate...but it was all packaged together for me. After looking at the description it doesn't state it comes with it, so yea make sure you get some if the retailer doesn't package them with the kit.