1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How long until alignment

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dylandercole, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Oct 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    dylandercole

dylandercole [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    How long should i wait to get an alignment? I just put in sway-a-way coilovers (put about 50 miles on it since) and I dont think im going to crank them up any firther but I might want to if my springs settle more than they have. I dont want to get the alignment done now if im going to change to ride height again in a month or so.... I dont know if anyone can really answer it but im asking anyways.

2. Oct 20, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    dylandercole

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    no ones even looked at my post. c'mon little help.

3. Oct 20, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Well, what id do is measure the distance between the center of the wheel/hub vertically up to the fender flare(this doesnt figure in tire height/pressure so it will remain accurate as to only what the ride height is at) and write it down and put it somewhere safe. Then id get it aligned ASAP and if in a few weeks it looks like its settled a bit, dig out that paper with the measurement on it and set it back to where it was initially. :cool:

4. Oct 20, 2009 at 8:30 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    What he said ^^^^

5. Oct 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I'm not an expert, but I would think that as long as the truck is not wandering or pulling one direction or the other you would be safe to wait. If you have any pulling or bump steer I would go ahead and get the alignment.

6. Oct 20, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    dylandercole

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    yea i measured the ride height before with my spacers. and iv measured once i got it on (about .5 inch over the spacers) and then again this morning about 40 miles later (down 1/4 inch from putting them on) I plan on monitoring it but id rather not pay for an alignment twice. So i dont know whether to just compensate for them settling now or not

7. Oct 20, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    dylandercole

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    no i dont have any of that either. I had an alignment done after I got hte spacers in and teh ride height isnt that different so I dont think its off that much.

8. Oct 20, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Another thing to think about- I know at tire/alignment shops like Les Schwab that if you get an alignment done and within a month it is off again that they will redo your alignment for you at no charge. So to me, if you have a place like that Id just get it done anyways to be safe so you dont get excessive or irregular tire wear and have it rechecked within a month.

9. Oct 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM
    dylandercole

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    thats a great idea. I have to look around for a deal like that. Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top