Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How long until alignment

Old 10-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
How long until alignment

How long should i wait to get an alignment? I just put in sway-a-way coilovers (put about 50 miles on it since) and I dont think im going to crank them up any firther but I might want to if my springs settle more than they have. I dont want to get the alignment done now if im going to change to ride height again in a month or so.... I dont know if anyone can really answer it but im asking anyways.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well, what id do is measure the distance between the center of the wheel/hub vertically up to the fender flare(this doesnt figure in tire height/pressure so it will remain accurate as to only what the ride height is at) and write it down and put it somewhere safe. Then id get it aligned ASAP and if in a few weeks it looks like its settled a bit, dig out that paper with the measurement on it and set it back to where it was initially.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What he said ^^^^
Old 10-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea i measured the ride height before with my spacers. and iv measured once i got it on (about .5 inch over the spacers) and then again this morning about 40 miles later (down 1/4 inch from putting them on) I plan on monitoring it but id rather not pay for an alignment twice. So i dont know whether to just compensate for them settling now or not
Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
I'm not an expert, but I would think that as long as the truck is not wandering or pulling one direction or the other you would be safe to wait. If you have any pulling or bump steer I would go ahead and get the alignment.
no i dont have any of that either. I had an alignment done after I got hte spacers in and teh ride height isnt that different so I dont think its off that much.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Another thing to think about- I know at tire/alignment shops like Les Schwab that if you get an alignment done and within a month it is off again that they will redo your alignment for you at no charge. So to me, if you have a place like that Id just get it done anyways to be safe so you dont get excessive or irregular tire wear and have it rechecked within a month.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #9

thats a great idea. I have to look around for a deal like that. Thanks