Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Did I do something wrong???

Old 10-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
Did I do something wrong???

So I just went to my local mechanic and had my new OME 885 coils mounted to the N140 shocks reusing the top rubber and plates from the old struts; he allowed me to come back in the shop and help/watch. I noticed when we had one of them assembled I laid it next to the old strut that hadn't been taken apart yet and it was exactly the same length. I kind of freaked out since I was expecting it to be at least a little longer. I haven't installed it yet but apparently the expected 3" of lift results simply from a stronger spring that settles less when the weight of the truck is applied, is this correct? Any answers before I intall would be great to ease my mind.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandfire View Post
I haven't installed it yet but apparently the expected 3" of lift results simply from a stronger spring that settles less when the weight of the truck is applied, is this correct? Any answers before I intall would be great to ease my mind.
Exactly
Old 10-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
yep. Everything is the way its supposed to be.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! Got the driver's side all done tonight and just have the reamaining TC UCA yet to install on the R side in the morning.