Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec or OME 3" lift

Old 10-23-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
krisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kris
krisjw101's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec or OME 3" lift

So I'm looking at getting a 3" lift and I have narrowed it down to 2 different lift kits the ultimate lift from toytec and the OME 3" lift kit also put out by toytec.
-Is there anything that should be purchased along with the OME kit to make it better?
-Why does the Ultimate kit come with shims and sway bar relocates and new u bolts and the OME doesn't?
-Would it be better to do an AAL or buy the complete OME springs?
-What makes up the price difference?
****which kit would you buy and why?****
please include any other info that might help me out

thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 01:50 AM   #2
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
No offense but there is literally 239403208 threads about 3" lifts especially OME and toytec...
Old 10-23-2009, 02:02 AM   #3
krisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kris
krisjw101's Tacoma Gallery
True, I just thought I would ask because there were some q's I had that I wasn't able to find or need more clarification on. Thanks though
Old 10-23-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
OME ftw
Old 10-23-2009, 04:35 AM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisjw101 View Post
So I'm looking at getting a 3" lift and I have narrowed it down to 2 different lift kits the ultimate lift from toytec and the OME 3" lift kit also put out by toytec.
-Is there anything that should be purchased along with the OME kit to make it better?
-Why does the Ultimate kit come with shims and sway bar relocates and new u bolts and the OME doesn't?
-Would it be better to do an AAL or buy the complete OME springs?
-What makes up the price difference?
****which kit would you buy and why?****
please include any other info that might help me out

thanks
-UCAs should be purchased with either to ensure proper travel and alignment.
-The coilover adjustment threads rub the sway bar on the Ultimate Kit- The shocks in the OME kit are smaller so there is no rubbing.
-The complete springs would be better in any situation. They are a bit easier to install imo and the OME springs maintain load capacity and improve flex.
-Not sure what makes the price difference- The shocks are different. and there are more parts that require fabrication in the ultimate kit.

I'd buy OME again without a doubt. I like the ride and the lift performance. "Easy" to install.