Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

From the sagging suspension to arbitrary,

Old 10-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
From the sagging suspension to arbitrary,

Hi Guy's, I have an 09 trd or dc. I complain to Toyota nicely since week one that the suspension is sagging and it rides very unsafe when I put more then 400 lbs in the bed. They pushed me for months telling me that they will look into. About one month ago the dealer -with out telling me nothing- slapped a nice label on my door saying that my load capacity is been dropped by 290 lbs. WOW,,, this is 25% reduction from the original 1200 lbs. A $ 32k's Toyota truck that can't carry more then 910 lbs??? I toughed that ,, here we go this is the reason the truck is sagging. I called Toyota Corp and ask them. It is true ????? and if it is,what is the load capacity I have now???. No one could answer me for more then a month. Today , finally a BIG guy from Toyota Corp told me that the technical load capacity is 910 lbs. I can load more but they are not responsible if the springs will get shot earlier plus all the BS he was reading from a Lawyer book. I ask him if they could fix it ??? knowing that they have a fix with the TSB (new springs). The guy told me that they won't and if I want they can send me Arbitrary forms and if decided ??? Toyota will buy the truck back. WOW,,, to me this sound s crazy. Would they prefer to go thru all this instead of installing new springs or try ing to fix it differently???. I never heard of a Tacoma been bought back. for this reason. The biggest hassle is that i all ready put a lot of $$$ in this truck and I don't want to loose any. Any comments, suggestion or feed back????.

Thank you and -sorry for the long tread.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
I'd call their bluff & file for arbitration. They changed the load rating of your vehicle AFTER you bought it.

A few people with 09's have gotten the TSB completed, you may need to fight harder for it.
It could be,, and hope you are right. Thank you.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
zanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to all

Army:
zanodave's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer replaced mine no questions asked, even with the
TSB done. mine still sag with a cr250, riding gear and very small tool box. it feels like it bottoms out over certain type
of bumps.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Is there another dealer you can try?
Yes, I did it and they give the same useless answer. Looks like the dealer don't really care once you signed the check.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgilus11 View Post
Looks like the dealer don't really care once you signed the check.
Ding ding ding.....the unadvertised portion of the show playing at every dealership of every make! They really don't care extra when you pay cash cuz they gets no interest out of it. Do it! Most fun I've ever had. I did 3 vehicles this year like that. FUCK their profits!!!!!!!!!!