Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

AAL Install Help

Old 10-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
Question AAL Install Help

Hey folks I am in the process of installing the Toytec Ultimate.

I have the 1.5 inch TSB AAL, I do not have the TSB though, I just didn't want to go any higher..

So I am installing the shims in the rear and want to make sure I have them right.. They marked them..with a this end forward type of marking (the lower side forward the higher (ramped) side towards the back of the vehicle.

Just want to make sure, they go over the top of the first thin plate that is on the spring rest then the springs go on top of the wedge...pretty simple right? Just want to be sure..

Here is a pic of what I am talking about

Thanks for any help, just want to make sure I do this right

Old 10-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
dont recall that thin piece being on mine when i put the AAL in...
Old 10-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
dont recall that thin piece being on mine when i put the AAL in...
It's a real thin little square piece..That is not my concern, my concern is the placement of the shims..
Old 10-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I don't remember it being there, so I'm not sure if it goes on top or bottom of it. Either way I guess my post is pointless to you. lol.. good luck to you
Old 10-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
I don't remember it being there, so I'm not sure if it goes on top or bottom of it. Either way I guess my post is pointless to you. lol.. good luck to you

It won't fit on top of it...the thin plate goes where it is....just want to know about the shims..
Old 10-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
╒╪╕

Well the shim should go below the springs, so it seems you got it right
Old 10-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #7

Actually after looking at the install by Chris my little flat plate (thin one) goes over the overload spring...
Old 10-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
╒╪╕

got a link?
Old 10-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
That bottom plate is part of the truck right?

Hi Nick! Long time buddy.

Yes....
Old 10-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #13
╒╪╕

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
That bottom plate is part of the truck right?

Hi Nick! Long time buddy.

yo
Old 10-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #14

Ok, so now it's what 5 hours later and I am still doing the intall...the friggin front coil overs do not just come out, I had to remove my sway bar to get the dang thing out...1 more coil over to go then I am done...for today..