Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

rust on icons?

Old 10-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
rust on icons?

sup guys, was under the truck checking everything out and noticed some rust on the passenger side coilover, ive had the COs for 6 months. anyone else experience this?

Passenger

Driver
Old 10-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Looks mostly cosmetic, but you would think that, given what you are paying, they could do a little more in the rust prevention dept.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Looks mostly cosmetic, but you would think that, given what you are paying, they could do a little more in the rust prevention dept.
x2. Do you have the option IVD coating option? It costs $100 extra to get them like that and they are suppose to provide "additional" protection against rust.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
Slowpokeologist
AZFizik has a spectacular aura aboutAZFizik has a spectacular aura aboutAZFizik has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
AZFizik's Tacoma Gallery
6 months and you're getting surface rust on the shaft? another 6 months and its gonna be eating seals for lunch. That sucks man
Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFizik View Post
6 months and you're getting surface rust on the shaft? another 6 months and its gonna be eating seals for lunch. That sucks man
Kinda what I was thinking.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:33 AM   #6
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i live in vegas so they don't get wet that often, but I have had mine about 9 months and about 12000 miles, they are fine. I hope they last because sending them back to be serviced would be an expensive pain in the ass. have my truck at the mechanic while I rent a car that would suck.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the replies guys. I wonder if i got a defected once since only one shaft has the rust on it and the other one doesn't? Any other icon owners experience this?