Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Ultimate is Installed

Old 10-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Toytec Ultimate is Installed

Ok, so almost 7-8 hours later I am done, I thought it was a pain in the arse since I have never done this vehicle before, but after doing one rear and one front the others ones went easier

Took it for a test drive there is a very small shudder/vibration from 5-10 mph, very, very small but there none the less.

From 10 -75 mph no problems, vary speeds and gears

4 wheel drive no problems

The ride comparison with the 5100's all the way around is SWEET...there is a road I go to that has a ton of pot holes and railroad tracks, it "seem" as if I just floated over them

I do not have the front Diff drop in yet so I still need to do that...

The front coils Darrick said were shipped at 3 inches, I turned them down 3/4 of an inch (measured with a precision ruler) which should put the front at 1.5 inches of lift, I did keep a couple (1/8 inch) extra on the driver side for balance.

In the rear I have the 1.5 TSB AAL even though I don't have the TSB done to the truck.

Over all I am happy, tired but happy, tomorrow I will put the diff drop in and double check my bolts, torque etc..etc.. just to make sure. I might even raise the front another 1/4 - 1/2 do balance it out a little more, but it's not bad the way it sits. Next week I will take in for an alignment..

Here are some pics, it's 1:45 am so no shots outside, best I could do in the garage

Not to heavy of an angle at all on the UCA?

Rear

Front

Full sag hanging on the jack stands

Old 10-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely done good job now test that out and get some pics of that
Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

oh yeah the Sway Bar relocation kit was definitely needed and worked out great!

It's not as high as some others but I didn't want overly high, my Jeep TJ had 6 inches and I hated all the money I dumped into that to get things smoothed out... And now I remember why I hate working with suspensions, my knuckles are toast
Old 10-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #4

Here is a pic from this morning, I installed the front Diff lowering kit and took it out again, still the shudder at 5-7 or 10 mph, So my thoughts are maybe drop the carrier bearing with a few washers??

I am going to raise her another .5 inches up front and leav it at that just do get it leveled out a little more, not to much as I am sure the rear AAL will settle a bit..

Thanks to everyones help in selection and getting this done, my wife hates you all for the money I spent...just kidding
Old 10-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Did you already install the shims that come with the kit? Alot of guys on here say not to install them right away because you may not need them. Maybe try taking them off before the CB drop if you've already put them on.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Did you already install the shims that come with the kit? Alot of guys on here say not to install them right away because you may not need them. Maybe try taking them off before the CB drop if you've already put them on.

yeah I thought of that, I did not put the CB on, later tonight I will remove the Shims and see what that does, I also have an alignment set for Monday...
Old 10-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #8

Some new shots after I raised the front to 1.75, I might go the full 2 but will decide tomorrow before my alignment.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome man great job!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awsome! great job.
And I think you could go a little bit higher in the front...IMO
Old 10-25-2009, 06:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Looks awsome! great job.
And I think you could go a little bit higher in the front...IMO

I am going to take the shims out of the rear this afternoon and see if it gets rid of the slight shudder I have at 5-10 mph, I only have 1.5 AAL's in the back without the TSB, so I shouldn't need the shims, maybe the shudder will leave.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #12
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
I am going to take the shims out of the rear this afternoon and see if it gets rid of the slight shudder I have at 5-10 mph, I only have 1.5 AAL's in the back without the TSB, so I shouldn't need the shims, maybe the shudder will leave.
Yes the shims may be overcompensating.
Put a few hundred pounds in the bed and see if it gets worse.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #13
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck, I love that color. Good job.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #14
Faskev is just really niceFaskev is just really niceFaskev is just really niceFaskev is just really nice
Faskev's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! I have the same kit and love it! When I first installed it I put in the diff drop and the shims in the rear but still had a slight take-off vibe so I ordered the OME Carrier Bearing spacer which smoothed it right out. It's only $20 for the CB spacer so it's worth a try. I was happy it was a simple solutions with some of the vibe horror stories around. I am nothing short of impressed with the lift as it's at a full 3" of lift and none of the ride comfort has been sacrificed. Enjoy!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
Foster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to all

Foster9091's Tacoma Gallery
remember the rear will settle out before you decide on your front height
Old 10-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster9091 View Post
remember the rear will settle out before you decide on your front height

yes, that's a thought I keep up front, I have a trip net week, 1800 miles that will I am sure get thing settled in the truck so once I come back from that I will work out the height issue if it needs to be addressed.

As it sits now it has the shims in the rear which I will be taking at after typing this up ( I don't think I need them with only 1.5 inch in the rear) and then if the vibe is gone I will leave it as it is and see how things settle..
Old 10-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #17
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good...

Whats the difference between the 3 sets of leaf lift options for those without the TSB....the 2" AAL, the 1.5" TSB AAL and the OME Dakar..?? or is this answered somewhere else?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #18
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job man!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #20

ok, I removed the shims, I still have a very small amount of vibes, to begin with the vibes I had with the shims in was small, this is even less, so I will leave it as it is and just deal with it, since it (the rear AAL) is bound to settle it may just go away...