Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ok ive decided

Old 10-26-2009, 03:49 AM   #1
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
ok ive decided

so for now since im on a budget im going to do a 3 inch suspension instead of the 6 inch. i know rough country sells one. Price is 250. is this a good setup? i plan in doing 15 inch rims on 33 inch mudders. Will the 15 inch rim cause any probs? any other inexpensive suspension setups?? thanks guys. also if you have pics of one (2008 tacoma access cab sport) please post, or other new models. thanks
Old 10-26-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
DONT DO IT.save up and get a lift w/o the spacers.i did the spacers and the ride was horrible imo.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
tomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
tomonian77's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking to do about a 2 inch lift and will not be doing any off roading. My truck is an everyday driver so the ride will need to be good. What are my options?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
what brunes said in previous post.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yes some off roading but mostly want for the snow up here and my upcoming hunt.

so 15 inch rims will not work at all?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #7

heres the link to that rough country. it has the blocks in back but shocks up front. looks the same as any other kit ive seen
http://www.roughcountry.com/toyota_4wd_tacoma_3.html
Old 10-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
15s wont clear your calipers. And depending on what type of spacers you are looking at. Some spacers require you to compress the spring adding preload. Real shitty ride. Procomp and Readylift leveling kits are spacers that go on top of the shock. This type does not add preload and your truck will ride and handle the same as stock just sit 2.25" higher in the front. They are realiable and tough. 4wheelparts.com sells then for around $200. Procomp/ready lift also makes these leveling spacers for 3/4t trucks out of the same material so it is tough enough for our little trucks.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
heres the link to that rough country. it has the blocks in back but shocks up front. looks the same as any other kit ive seen
http://www.roughcountry.com/toyota_4wd_tacoma_3.html
That wont mess with ride quality. The spacer lift that toytec sells goes on top of the coil adding preload. This style goes on top of the entire assembly maintaining your factory ride. Perfect for light offroading and for a dd
Old 10-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #10

ok so i want that rough country kit. good price. i have a buddy that will sell me some 33 mud terrains cheap. only problem is they are 15 inch rims. i have 15 in toyota rims from an old truck. what type spacers do i need for these rims and tires to fit with this lift kit?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #11

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
15" rims wont fit. the calipers are too big. The spacers i was talking about were the lift spacers. there is no way to get 15s on your truck. Also 33s will rub pretty bad 265/75-16s are 32"x10.5x16
Old 10-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
15" rims wont fit. the calipers are too big. The spacers i was talking about were the lift spacers. there is no way to get 15s on your truck. Also 33s will rub pretty bad 265/75-16s are 32"x10.5x16

For sure...a 16 stock barely clears them...got 5100s...they are not much more and will make a world of a difference...unless you just want it for show and like to bounce all over the place.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #13

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
the spacers that go on top of the shock wont bounce him because it does not add preload. only the spacers that go in between the spring and the top place add preload for lift. Rough country lift wont add preload so no bouncing all over the place
Old 10-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #14
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the spacers that go on top of the shock wont bounce him because it does not add preload. only the spacers that go in between the spring and the top place add preload for lift. Rough country lift wont add preload so no bouncing all over the place

Got it...but billy's for just a bit more...well worth it
Old 10-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #15

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
ive got the readylift spacers until i get the AP Long travel kit. No bouncing, stock ride, no issues.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #16

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i almost went with the bilies but talking to the offroad shop they told me billies arent that good either. When you set them at 2 or 2.5 you sacrifice down travel so the spacers are better for a cheap practical lift without sacrificing down travel.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #17

TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i almost went with the bilies but talking to the offroad shop they told me billies arent that good either. When you set them at 2 or 2.5 you sacrifice down travel so the spacers are better for a cheap practical lift without sacrificing down travel.

On my tundra they were just set enough to fix the rake...but compared to the stock shocks they were much better...I am saving up for Fox's 2.0 myself...I would love to have LT but it would likely be too much suspension for me and it's about double or triple the price of a midtravel...I don't plan on jumping my truck...just trails and some crawling. Are you in socal now? I just want to do it right the first time...either way he goes..as long as he is happy with it that is all that that matters
Old 10-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #18

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
yeah im in the inland empire. I either want AP long travel or i want 2.5 camburg or fox 2.5 remote resi coil overs with tc ucas. but till i can scratch up 2-3000 i like my spacer lift so i can at least upsize the tires