LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment shop issues this morning....

Old 10-26-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment shop issues this morning....

I have searched and read several threads on here but was unable to find answers directly related to the issues I'm having this morning.

I just got my OME lift and TC UCAs installed last week and this morning had the truck scheduled for alignment (keep in mind here that I am mechanically inclined enough to have installed my own lift but know very little about alignment.) The guy at the shop seemed very unsure about how to align a moderately lifted truck. He informed me he had no idea where to start since he usually just plugs in the year and model and that gives him specs. I told him I could probably get specs (from my friends at TW) but there might be some variables, slightly different lift heights, 2wd vs 4x4, etc. He said if it varies more than a 1/4" the numbers would be different.

He then found out I am planning to put spacers on the front and said that would change things as well.

I ended up leaving without the alignment done with the task of finding him specs and waiting until my spacers arrive.

Are issues like this normal or is he making it harder than it should be? Also, if someone could provide me specs that match my application I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
if its done right, with new ucas and such, you should just use the factory specs
Old 10-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
if its done right, with new ucas and such, you should just use the factory specs
Huh....I was under the impression the specs changed with the aftermarket struts/3"lift?, and yes I did use TC UCAs.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
i beleve
camber 0
toe 0
caster 2.8
Old 10-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
i beleve
camber 0
toe 0
caster 2.8
This is correct ^^^
Old 10-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #6

Thanks for the specs, should I wait for the spacers or is it not that big a deal?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandfire View Post
Thanks for the specs, should I wait for the spacers or is it not that big a deal?
Spacers shouldnt affect the alignment.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Spacers shouldnt affect the alignment.
Thanks Chris! The guy at the shop was under the impression it would affect caster for some reason.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i beleve
camber 0
toe 0
caster 2.8
Would these be the specs for a mild lift as well- 1.5"-1.75" in the front with rear 1.5" AAL?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Thanks Chris! The guy at the shop was under the impression it would affect caster for some reason.
Strange....The spacers simply move the wheel out a little further....Kinda like putting on new wheels with a different back spacing....Wont affect the Caster at all.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #11
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How ?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #12

Quote:
How ?
LMAO!!!! Ditto!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Strange....The spacers simply move the wheel out a little further....Kinda like putting on new wheels with a different back spacing....Wont affect the Caster at all.
That's what I thought to but wasn't armed with enough info to disagree with him this morning.

Quote:
How ?
I have no clue...just relaying what he said so the experts here could muse over it.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #14

Quote:
That's what I thought to but wasn't armed with enough info to disagree with him this morning.

I have no clue...just relaying what he said so the experts here could muse over it.
go some place else and have them set it the the spic above
youll be fine
Old 10-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #15

Quote:
go some place else and have them set it the the spic above
youll be fine
Yeah might have to, now I'm kinda worried they don't know what there doing!

Oh, and he also tried to talk me out of spacers, said they would be harmful to my wheel bearings.....I did call BS on that one and told him I knew of hundreds of people running them without adverse issues.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Yeah might have to, now I'm kinda worried they don't know what there doing!

Oh, and he also tried to talk me out of spacers, said they would be harmful to my wheel bearings.....I did call BS on that one and told him I knew of hundreds of people running them without adverse issues.
They can cause wear on the wheel bearings to be escalated. They increse the leverage against them.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #17

Quote:
They can cause wear on the wheel bearings to be escalated. They increse the leverage against them.
It doesn't surprise me that wear is escalated but the concept would be the same as an aftermarket wheel with more backspacing if I am thinking correctly.

Although in another thread I said I had no rubbing, turns out the tires are now rubbing (messing up my pretty new UCAs) at a full lock. Thats why I decided to do spacers.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #18

Quote:
It doesn't surprise me that wear is escalated but the concept would be the same as an aftermarket wheel with more backspacing if I am thinking correctly.

Although in another thread I said I had no rubbing, turns out the tires are now rubbing (messing up my pretty new UCAs) at a full lock. Thats why I decided to do spacers.
Yeah, its the same as adding a wheel with 4" BS.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
The alignment guy might have thought you meant lift spacers rather than wheel spacers.
I could see that but I hope not....he's the same guy that assembled my new OME springs and shocks.