Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment Questions (pics enclosed)

Old 10-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
Question Alignment Questions (pics enclosed)

So after putting on the Toytec Ultimate lift and getting my adjustments right I had the truck aligned this morning, rides better so I have no problem with the alignment itself.

Can anyone decipher the results below, just wonder why they could not get caster on the right front in spec??

Before Alignment

After Alignment

Old 10-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
Must be the day to get alignments I just had issues this morning as well. I can't help you but I bet someone can...
Old 10-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Your camber is actually worst than when you brought it to them. It should be about as close to 0* as possible. Caster is optimal around 2.1*-2.4* and your toe should be at 0*.

Out of curiosity, where did you have your truck aligned at?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
did you replace the uca
Old 10-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Your camber is actually worst than when you brought it to them. It should be about as close to 0* as possible. Caster is optimal around 2.1*-2.4* and your toe should be at 0*.

Out of curiosity, where did you have your truck aligned at?
I had it done at my dealer...
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
did you replace the uca

No I have maximum of 1.5 inches of lift, my UCA's at no where near their limit..
Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #7
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Damn cant anyone do alignments
take it someplace else
Old 10-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
take it someplace else
X2. Thoses specs look like shit.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #9

Quote:
take it someplace else
everything is within spec except the right caster, just wondering if anyone know why it would not be able to get that one side it?

And it drives just fine...
Old 10-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X2. Thoses specs look like shit.
Care to elaborate why?

Thanks
Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #11
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
Care to elaborate why?

Thanks
Camber needs to be at 0*, and Caster needs to be at or near what SC4333 said.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #12

Though it may be "In spec", its at the extremes of the specifications. No Bueno in my book.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Camber needs to be at 0*, and Caster needs to be at or near what SC4333 said.

Ok, so does this indicate a problem with my truck since they were unable to achieve those number?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Ok, so does this indicate a problem with my truck since they were unable to achieve those number?
Yeah. Your tires are gonna wear badly, and it could pull to one side when braking or hitting bumps.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Yeah. Your tires are gonna wear badly, and it could pull to one side when braking or hitting bumps.

hmmm...driving around for about 15 miles from the dealer on 0-55mph roads I felt no pulling either on the road, and I went down some of my "favorite" rutted roads..

What are the specs fro these trucks...

If I go back to dealer I need to have some ammo, but I am sure they will tell me with your lift it's hard to get in spec, but as you guys can see I am at the low end of my lift...
Old 10-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #16

Quote:
hmmm...driving around for about 15 miles from the dealer on 0-55mph roads I felt no pulling either on the road, and I went down some of my "favorite" rutted roads..

What are the specs fro these trucks...

If I go back to dealer I need to have some ammo, but I am sure they will tell me with your lift it's hard to get in spec, but as you guys can see I am at the low end of my lift...
They should know its not right. Tell them 0* Camber, and 0* Toe.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #17

Quote:
They should know its not right. Tell them 0* Camber, and 0* Toe.
is it possible to get that with my 1.5-1.75 lift up front, I mean look at the pics of my lift with the Toytec Coil overs I am not high at all, just wondering why the right would be harder then the other side??

I do have the drivers side about 1/4 inch higher then the passenger.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #18

If you are at 1.5" lift, there is no reason they cant get the alignment at 0* Camber, 0* Toe, and 2.0* Caster. You paid for a service, and they didnt do it right.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #19

Quote:
If you are at 1.5" lift, there is no reason they cant get the alignment at 0* Camber, 0* Toe, and 2.0* Caster. You paid for a service, and they didn't do it right.
Since the right side is the problem, should I adjust my ride side coil over to be the same as my left?? Would that effect it??
Old 10-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Since the right side is the problem, should I adjust my ride side coil over to be the same as my left?? Would that effect it??
Your left side isnt near 0*....I kinda think thats a problem too.