Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

leaf springs making squeky noises?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
lennythetaco is on a distinguished road

lennythetaco's Tacoma Gallery
leaf springs making squeky noises?

my stock leaf springs are making a load squeky noise. ITs only on the passenger side. Any one no wat is this from and how can i fix it because it is pretty annoying. its a dc 09 short bed 4x4 trd off road
Old 10-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
It's from your silencer pads being dry/dirty. You can either get the tsb(check out post ten http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...f-springs.html) or you could lube them. If you want to lube them I'll tell you how your you could check the other thread previously mentioned.

Lube them works great. Jason helped me with mine and its soooo much better.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
lennythetaco is on a distinguished road

lennythetaco's Tacoma Gallery
would it better better to jack up the car to lube them or can you do it with it just standing normal. Also wats a good brand of lube to use
Old 10-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
You don't absolutly need to lift it it would just make it easier especially on the pad that's furthest to the back becuase if you don't your screwdriver/pryer will be touching the very bottom of the fender. It doesn't seem to make prying them open too much harder not lifted though.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:57 AM   #7
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennythetaco View Post
would it better better to jack up the car to lube them or can you do it with it just standing normal. Also wats a good brand of lube to use

I use dry teflon lube from the hardware store. Works like a charm and doesn't collect dust. Same thing I was recommeded to use on my total chaos ball joints. There's a touch of wax in it so it coats the pieces and doesn't wear off too quickly.