Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

speed AND comfort, suspension choices???

Old 10-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
HPaap72 is on a distinguished road
HPaap72's Tacoma Gallery
speed AND comfort, suspension choices???

so i got a 01 tacoma trd xtr cab 4x4 and i want to put some good suspension on it, along with a list of other stuff.

im not looking for just a suspension lift though, i dont want to jack it up high. i would rather set it up for speed on access roads and open land. sort of a baja/prerunner style vision. so something that will have, i guess, good absorption and handling.

so my question is what sort of suspension would best suit my need?
what sort of set up should i be looking for?

cheers
Old 10-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
look at this place i am getting the 2.5 inch camburg coils and putting 5100's in the rear and the camburg upper control arms.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504camburgcotaco.htm

if that is too pre runner for u try the 5100's all around my buddy has them with the toytech coils
Old 10-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
HPaap72's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!! i dont think it could look to pre reunner.
looking at the set up now looks pretty tight!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
i plan on running that setup with devers also
Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like shocks with resi's to keep them cool for those high speeds.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
HPaap72's Tacoma Gallery
thoughts on the fox 2.5 coil overs for the tacoma???
Old 10-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #8
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
cant go wrong on the foxs.love mine.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #9
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
cant go wrong on the foxs.love mine.
Hows the ride? Compared to stock, I am sure its better, but can you elaborate please.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
HPaap72's Tacoma Gallery
yeah how are those foxs. what sort of driving do you do??
i have also heard people talk about icons. the stage 2 system from icon seems legit, but i dont know if its just gonna be more of a lift and not offer a smooth ride over fast bumpy terrain.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
well, the ride is 10 times better that stock.mine had the trd shocks witch were ok i thought.im sure most adj.co ride great as well.but most my driving is done on these great pa roads.most of them r like driving thru plowed fields.lol.but the off road stability/handling is awsome.total control on the washboards.i highly recomend them if u can afford them.my 2.0 resis r adj. from 1(being like a caddy )to 8 (like f250) all by a thumb clicker.they r sweet.next investment is fox for the rear.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #12
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
What's your budget? I have a long travel thread posted here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...formation.html

The products listed are mostly geared towards the 05+ models but most companies that have kits for these trucks also have kits for the older models. Pricey, but you're not going to find a smoother ride.