Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New style Toytec coilover for 1st Gen.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Third Coast
texasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud of

texasbowhunter's Tacoma Gallery
New style Toytec coilover for 1st Gen.

Are there any 1st Gen guys running these new style coils? I'm going to be installing them tomm. and I just had a few questions about them. All the pics I have seen on TW are the older style toytecs for the 1st Gen.
Mine say they are preloaded from the factory to give approx. 2" of lift and they also say not to adjust coil over higher than 1.5" of thread below the adjuster ring. When I measured between the rings it is 2". Not sure what to do to get the full 3".
Old 10-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Third Coast
texasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud of

texasbowhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbowhunter View Post
Are there any 1st Gen guys running these new style coils? I'm going to be installing them tomm. and I just had a few questions about them. All the pics I have seen on TW are the older style toytecs for the 1st Gen.
Mine say they are preloaded from the factory to give approx. 2" of lift and they also say not to adjust coil over higher than 1.5" of thread below the adjuster ring. When I measured between the rings it is 2". Not sure what to do to get the full 3".