Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifted my 04 Double Cab

Old 10-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Third Coast
texasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud of

texasbowhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Lifted my 04 Double Cab

I installed my lift today. Just curious what everone thinks. I know it will look a lot better once I get some bigger tires but it is a major improvement from stock.
Before:

After:

Old 10-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
Third Coast
texasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud oftexasbowhunter has much to be proud of

Toytec Ultimate with the new style coilover for the first Gens.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
hardattack is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
hardattack's Tacoma Gallery
I like the way it looks with the tires you have. How much lift is that?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good as is bud
Old 10-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #6
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

Name: joe
01taquito's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on the lift looks real good
Old 10-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
Third Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardattack View Post
I like the way it looks with the tires you have. How much lift is that?
The CO's I got said they were set to give 2" of lift from the factory and I did not adjust them at all, I just put them on. To me it looks more like 3" though. I didn't measure before the lift so I'm not sure.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
FuTang909Inamo is on a distinguished road

FuTang909Inamo's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!! Leave it, it's good to go as is.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, that looks like its set at 3". I know when I got mine that they were set way too high, and had to crank them down atleast an inch. But no harm done!
what is your measurement from ground to fender? just curious...

Good Job and great looking! I think it would look a little better with bigger tires but it doesnt look all that bad from the side.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #11
Third Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
yeah, that looks like its set at 3". I know when I got mine that they were set way too high, and had to crank them down atleast an inch. But no harm done!
what is your measurement from ground to fender? just curious...

Good Job and great looking! I think it would look a little better with bigger tires but it doesnt look all that bad from the side.
Front=38.5
Rear =38.25
What are your measurements from ground to center of the fender front and back?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:38 AM   #12
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
39.25 = front
and about 40 for the rear, give or take a little bc of gas tank.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #14
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get an alignment? How is the specs on your stock UCA at that height?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #15
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. my bro-n-law just ordered the same lift and he has the same truck,year,and color.waiting for it to come in mail. you doing 285/75/16???
Old 10-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #16
Third Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
looks good. my bro-n-law just ordered the same lift and he has the same truck,year,and color.waiting for it to come in mail. you doing 285/75/16???
I'll probably go with the 285 but I would really like a 305/70/16. I have a friend of mine that works for a wheel and tire shop so I'll probably get one mounted to see how it fits. I really like the Hankook Dyna Pro MT's.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #17
Third Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Did you get an alignment? How is the specs on your stock UCA at that height?
Ya I got an alignment today and the truck drives a lot better with the new suspension without vibration or any problems. I don't see the need for UCA's because the truck drives fine right now but that may change once I get bigger tires. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #18
s2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Lee
s2kvtak's Tacoma Gallery
i just got my 5100s and toytec AAL last night in the mail. i cant wait to install!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #19
t-com09 is on a distinguished road

t-com09's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 10-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #20
Third Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kvtak View Post
i just got my 5100s and toytec AAL last night in the mail. i cant wait to install!!!
Make sure and post pics when your done.