Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Installed my Icons today!!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my Icons today!!

Hey guys. Just installed my Icon coilovers today and they ride absolutely amazing. I'll have some bilstein 5100's on the for sale forum soon. I did have one unfortunate mishap while installing them. I was having trouble getting one of the shocks in place and so I unscrewed the total chaos uniball to lift the upper control arm. Possibly because I did not use anti seize in the first place when I installed it, the threads on the end of the bolt became all gauled up. I just about shit myself thinking by truck would be rendered useless until I found a new bolt. Fortunately it occured to that there was still enough useable thread if I ground off the mangled threads towards the bottom. Worked great although I should still find another bolt just in case.

While I was installing the Icons I noticed something strange. I noticed that my 5100s were the same length as my extended travel Icon coilovers. You might say well than they're not the extended travel Icons, but they must be because the uniball is at its lowest limit with both shocks. Any more droop and the ball will bind. Does this mean 5100s are extended travel?? Can't be but I swear to you I measured them both side by side. What the heck is that about?

For those that are looking for another Icon testimonial... Yes they are amazing!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
shock length has little to do with travel numbers on these IFS trucks, it all internal
I dont understand what you mean. There is a spacer in the shock that restricts, or limits if you will, how much the shock will extend. The bilsteins as I understood are designed to be used with stock uca's so therefore they will not extend as far as an icon extended travel due to stress on the joint. However, my bilsteins are the same length as the Icon when completely extended.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...lovers/Part_1/

some reading material if you would like
Damn Cliff.."some reading?" ..Good link. Probably take me a week to get through.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

rereading it all right now, its good information
Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
socaltaco2 is on a distinguished road
socaltaco2's Tacoma Gallery