Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Installation price for lift?

Old 10-29-2009, 06:29 AM   #1
Jay-Hawks is on a distinguished road

Jay-Hawks's Tacoma Gallery
Question Installation price for lift?

I just purchased the Toytec OME kit with the Bilstein 5100's instead of the OME shocks. The kit comes with the 885 coils and AAL (non TSB)for the back. I called a local shop and they want $400 to install everything including an alignment and taxes. I thought that sounded a little high but I wasn't sure. The shop is close to me and that has some value, what is everyone else having to pay?
Old 10-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
doesnt sound bad.u figure a allignment is around a $100,so $300 for labor at 4 to 8 hrs.not bad.but if u can do it,go for it.really nothing to it if u have any machanical ability and the tools.good luck.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
bluevan99 will become famous soon enoughbluevan99 will become famous soon enough
bluevan99's Tacoma Gallery
Could be more like 300, try making them an offer, you'd be suprised these days.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
$400.00 to instal including alignment is pretty cheap.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #7
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
400 I would pay for it and save the time and hassle.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Hawks View Post
I just purchased the Toytec OME kit with the Bilstein 5100's instead of the OME shocks. The kit comes with the 885 coils and AAL (non TSB)for the back. I called a local shop and they want $400 to install everything including an alignment and taxes. I thought that sounded a little high but I wasn't sure. The shop is close to me and that has some value, what is everyone else having to pay?
$400 is about average I've been to 3 difrent shops to get quotes www.extemekaty.com, www.alloutoffroad.com, www.xtreme-offroad.com allout wanted $500 extreme katy said AROUND $350 and xtreme-offroad wanted $400 (I told them I wanted to replace the coils,struts,shocks,and allignment)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
400 I would pay for it and save the time and hassle.
Hey whats going on topgun I am from richmond too
Old 10-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Hawks View Post
That's about what I paid when I had mine done. I'd take the locals up on their offer to help you do it yourself. It doesn't look terribly hard and you can save a bundle. You'll still need the alignment though.