Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New Pro-comp Instalation

Old 02-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
Master
tacomajack is on a distinguished road
tacomajack's Tacoma Gallery
New Pro-comp Instalation

I Just Ordered Up The 6" Basic System, Does Anyone Have Pics Of The Instalation Process? Any Advice Would B Greatly Appreciated!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
Master
, wat is the approximate time for instalation? if this is all redundant, pls just post a link, thanks!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I personally cant give you any specifics but i do know that there is a huge difference in the install procedure between the 3" and 6" lifts. 3" is bolt on, 6" is not. you will have to do some cutting and welding to install. I'm sure you knew this but i was just re-stating the fact. I think some people on this site may have installed their own 6" lift but the majority of people with 6" lifts take it to a shop because of the skill and tools needed to install it. you may have better luck at toyotanation or ttora. although if you ask this question on those sites dont be surprised if you get flamed, they dont like questions over there, although toyotanation isnt quite as bad
Old 02-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I personally cant give you any specifics but i do know that there is a huge difference in the install procedure between the 3" and 6" lifts. 3" is bolt on, 6" is not. you will have to do some cutting and welding to install. I'm sure you knew this but i was just re-stating the fact. I think some people on this site may have installed their own 6" lift but the majority of people with 6" lifts take it to a shop because of the skill and tools needed to install it. you may have better luck at toyotanation or ttora. although if you ask this question on those sites dont be surprised if you get flamed, they dont like questions over there, although toyotanation isnt quite as bad
that is not accurate there is only some cutting wich is very easy to do. no welding what so ever. everything is bolt on.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
that is not accurate there is only some cutting wich is very easy to do. no welding what so ever. everything is bolt on.
ok, looks like i stand corrected. like i said, i know little about the 6" lifts. all i know is that alot of people dont want to mess with it so end up having them installed.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
Master
well, im a highschool student and im funding this whole thing myself. so installing it myself is the only option. and i have a prerunner, so my understanding is that there is no cutting involved
Old 02-13-2008, 10:42 PM   #7
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomajack View Post
well, im a highschool student and im funding this whole thing myself. so installing it myself is the only option. and i have a prerunner, so my understanding is that there is no cutting involved
that is correct installation on a 2wd is easier since there is no front diff to have to lower there for no cutting. just take your time. rushing to finish is the worst way to attack a project. good luck