Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1" lift blocks

Old 02-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
1" lift blocks

I need 1" blocks but not the U Bolts, anyone know were i can get them?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Why not put AALs? Blocks will give you axle wrap.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
IRISHDEVIL is on a distinguished road

IRISHDEVIL's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2 AAL's on each side right now and it isnt giving me the rake i want so wi was going to keep one AAL and put in the 1" block and see were im at.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
Brians03Taco is on a distinguished road
Brians03Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Go with a shackle to get 1 inch. You shouldn't re-use u bolts as the material fatigues and have been known to break after multiple times being re-tightened.

~Brian
Old 02-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
He's got an '05+ (2nd gen), they don't have shackles.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post

Well then that shoots my idea in the foot. lol

~Brian
Old 02-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
EDIT: nevermind...i thought u were looking for u-bolts and no blocks....
Old 02-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
you can get a 1 inch lift block called a zero rate if you want. That'll give you the desired lift. Off road design has em, google it.

~Brian
Old 03-09-2008, 05:05 AM   #9
dwb is on a distinguished road

dwb's Tacoma Gallery
1" Blocks

Hey Irish, take a look at this link http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacodstrlift.htm and scroll all the way to the bottom, the blocks you want are 59.95 and come with new u-bolts.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:27 AM   #10
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
they dont? what does the back end of the leaf spring bolt to? you can get shackle extensions if you relocate the exhaust pipe
Old 03-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #11
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I looked into shackles and so far have had no luck.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #12
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
We have shackles but longer ones will actually lower the truck due to the way they're designed and mounted.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #13
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
We have shackles but longer ones will actually lower the truck due to the way they're designed and mounted.
bummer. i need shackles that will raise me between 1 and 2 inches. find them for me. Now.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:32 AM   #14
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
bummer. i need shackles that will raise me between 1 and 2 inches. find them for me. Now.
Fabrication shops are chock full of customers like you.

You get the TSB done? That'd probably get you the lift you want for the right price.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #15

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Fabrication shops are chock full of customers like you.

You get the TSB done? That'd probably get you the lift you want for the right price.
yeah, i got the tsb. i have some 5100's sitting in my kitchen floor and i want to set them on 2.5 but i need a little extra bump in the back or the front is gonna be too high
Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #16

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
yeah, i got the tsb. i have some 5100's sitting in my kitchen floor and i want to set them on 2.5 but i need a little extra bump in the back or the front is gonna be too high
AllPro is running a special on their springs this month.
http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.p...ask=view&id=47

3" lift springs for the 05+ Tacomas are $369 a pair.

I'm running them on my truck with their u-bolt flip kit:

(ignore the dangling shock reservoir...)
Old 03-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #17
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Man...some crazy responses here.
Shackles are available and longer ones DO lift, not lower the truck.
They do require some fab work, which can get expensive, but finally a way to resolve the upside shackles!!

You can see more info and pics on TN:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...t=shackle+lift
Old 03-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #18

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmtnbik View Post
They do require some fab work, which can get expensive, but finally a way to resolve the upside shackles!!

Realistically, *anything* is possible if your shop is good enough. Most people are looking for bolt-on upgrades, and UPS generally doesn't ship custom fabrication work.

That link you provided is intriguing! How much cutting and welding is required to install that shackle flip?

Without modifying the suspension design, longer shackles will lower the new Tacomas as the attachment point for the leaf spring is above the stationary end of the shackle. I assumed that altering the suspension design was out of the question if swapping out the leaf packs was not an option.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #19

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmtnbik View Post

And post some pictures of your truck. That's a nice list of mods you have!