Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100?

Old 10-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
4ari trd is on a distinguished road

4ari trd's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100?

Now i just put a 3 inch lift on my truck. It was a add a leaf in and back and a spacer in the front and some other diff drop stuff that comes with the kit.If i buy the bistein 5100s for the front can i install them fine and keep all the lift parts i have in the front. I want my front end to come up a little higher so can i adjust the bilstein higher with the lift kit i have now.I have been reading and you guys says that the bilstein is adj to 2.5 inch so i would just jack it up about a inch or more so any ideas on how to do that with keeping my lift kit?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ari trd View Post
Now i just put a 3 inch lift on my truck. It was a add a leaf in and back and a spacer in the front and some other diff drop stuff that comes with the kit.If i buy the bistein 5100s for the front can i install them fine and keep all the lift parts i have in the front. I want my front end to come up a little higher so can i adjust the bilstein higher with the lift kit i have now.I have been reading and you guys says that the bilstein is adj to 2.5 inch so i would just jack it up about a inch or more so any ideas on how to do that with keeping my lift kit?
According to Bilstein, they're not supposed to be used in combination with spacers to acheive a higher lift. You could use them, but only set at the stock height (0).