Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

confused about my lift kit

Old 10-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #1
prerunner05 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
prerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Question confused about my lift kit

Hey there guys gotta a question for ya. I purchased a 3inch lift kit(spacer and AAL) and when i took it out the box the spacer is only 1.5" tall whats up with that??? how am i supposed to see 3" lift from it?? i just dont understand.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #3
TACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of light

TACOFEAVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner05 View Post
Hey there guys gotta a question for ya. I purchased a 3inch lift kit(spacer and AAL) and when i took it out the box the spacer is only 1.5" tall whats up with that??? how am i supposed to see 3" lift from it?? i just dont understand.

When the spacer is installed, it is "amplified" through the control arms, etc... as said above in a 2:1 ratio.

My spacer actually measured 1.75" for a 3" lift, and when I measured the difference I did actully have a 3.5" lift.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOFEAVER View Post
When the spacer is installed, it is "amplified" through the control arms, etc... as said above in a 2:1 ratio.

My spacer actually measured 1.75" for a 3" lift, and when I measured the difference I did actully have a 3.5" lift.
so what is your opinon on the spacer lift any issues??
Old 10-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i currently have a top plate spacer and block lift. its a lift, not the best by any means but it will get you 3". expect a rough ride, if you have a block for the rear you'll have some wheel hop. honestly, unless you plan on upgrading lifts in the near future, i would have gotten an ome lift kit.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
TACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'm happy with it - no issues, no vibes. even at 3.5" the alignment tech at our garage was able to bring the alignment into specs without new CA's... Used the AAL for the rear...

What kit did you get? from ebay?
Old 10-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #7

Quote:
I'm happy with it - no issues, no vibes. even at 3.5" the alignment tech at our garage was able to bring the alignment into specs without new CA's... Used the AAL for the rear...

yep. from ebay. $189.99
What shocks/struts are you running? stock?
Old 10-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I hate to say this, but your alignment is not in spec with a 3+" lift.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #9

Quote:
yep. from ebay. $189.99
What shocks/struts are you running? stock?
thats the same lift i'm running - stock shocks for now... but there will be upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I hate to say this, but your alignment is not in spec with a 3+" lift.
My understanding was that I wouldn't be able to... but according to the tech, and the print out - my truck is "within factory specs"
I dont know what sort of voodoo magic the tech did - but whatever works. The truck tracks fine, doesn't pull, doesn't vibe and chalk test showing tires wearing fine... Shouldn't be possible - but I am not complaining!