LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What....rear billy 5100's too long???????

Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
gsanderson is on a distinguished road
gsanderson's Tacoma Gallery
What....rear billy 5100's too long???????

just went to put on the rear 5100's... I must compress them almost all the way to get them on... the truck is stock height...

once on they have about 2.25" of travel remaining... there is about 3" between the axel bumper and the frame... this seems like trouble...
what is the deal...

I have 228000 miles on it... the rear does sit about 0.5" below the front
are my leafs worn so the rear sags... I can not see it changing that much... what should I do, add 2.5" lift shackles to the rear
what shackles to get if I do?
Old 10-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
did you get the right ones? Sounds like you got ones for a lifted truck
Old 10-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
gsanderson is on a distinguished road
gsanderson's Tacoma Gallery
rear billy 5100

I think so... I actaully talked to the guy before I ordered them
I have:
BE5-D559-TO and D560

D559 is for L rear so I went to put it on drivers side rear...
D560 is for R rear... did not get that far...

I compared the two and the D560 actually seems a little longer...
Old 10-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you got the extended length Billy's which is what I ordered from ToyTec when I did my ULK. (Y'all correct me if I'm totally Friday night wack - HEY - It's been a good night) *hic*

Here are my before and after shots with measurements:

Bilstein 5100's

That's with stock tires and wheels (P265/65R/17).

Doubt if this helps but at least I cna still type an be teh duderz on a FriDay night very much anymore sometimes a little bit or something ...

Whew ... that was seriously hard to do. Takining my ass to bed.

Nite!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsquare View Post
sounds like you got the extended length billy's which is what i ordered from toytec when i did my ulk. (y'all correct me if i'm totally friday night wack - hey - it's been a good night) *hic*

here are my before and after shots with measurements:

bilstein 5100's

that's with stock tires and wheels (p265/65r/17).

Doubt if this helps but at least i cna still type an be teh duderz on a friday night very much anymore sometimes a little bit or something ...

Whew ... That was seriously hard to do. Takining my ass to bed.

Nite!!!
lmfao!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:23 AM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsanderson View Post
just went to put on the rear 5100's... I must compress them almost all the way to get them on... the truck is stock height...

once on they have about 2.25" of travel remaining... there is about 3" between the axel bumper and the frame... this seems like trouble...
what is the deal...

I have 228000 miles on it... the rear does sit about 0.5" below the front
are my leafs worn so the rear sags... I can not see it changing that much... what should I do, add 2.5" lift shackles to the rear
what shackles to get if I do?
Nothing wrong with the shocks.It's time to replace your leaf spring packs.That would get you back to stock height.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
bilstein 5100 series are typically designed for lifted applications... if your running stock in rear, a great option are the bilstein HD shocks, F4-B46-2286-H0 and F4-B46-2285-H0

your stock travel is 6.5" with the 5100 series shocks starting at 8" and up...

even if you replace the worn out leaf springs with new OEM height leafs, the shocks may still be bottomed out...

with the money you will end up dropping, you may as well lift the rear and keep the 5100s...