1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Decisions, decisions... rear lift headache

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by wmflyfisher, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    wmflyfisher

wmflyfisher [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    PCB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 4x4
    Need some help on what to do here guys. Installed 5100's (2.5") roughly 8k miles ago. Rear is lifted with 1.5" blocks for now. I have the infamous drivers side lean and it's driving me crazy :mad:. It's ONLY leaning in the back too. The front is perfect on each side.

I'm having trouble deciding what to do and I really don't have $500 for new springs. I guess my only option is an AAL. This is fine but I don't want to purchase anything if it WON'T fix the lean. Should adding an AAL correct the lean as well? Oh, and for the record I do not have TSB springs. Looking at this or the 3 pack AAL by Deaver or Wheelers. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Oct 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    are your shocks good? bc I know that when i got my 5100's for the rear, it leveled my rear end out nicely.

3. Oct 31, 2009 at 7:06 AM
    wmflyfisher

wmflyfisher [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    PCB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 4x4
    Thanks and my shocks are 5100's in the back. Not sure if you're aware but shocks don't affect ride height. They just dampen the ride.

4. Oct 31, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Your 5100s had nothing to do with level ride. They soften bumps...not elevate the truck.

The spring seats on the front shocks are what creates the front lift.

OP-Have you measured the lean from side to side??

5. Oct 31, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4
    I've read a ton of posts lately about guys having trouble from their AAL's causing vibes. I think I'd stick to a whole new pack, even though its more expensive.

Products Discussed in

To Top