Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Decisions, decisions... rear lift headache

Old 10-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Decisions, decisions... rear lift headache

Need some help on what to do here guys. Installed 5100's (2.5") roughly 8k miles ago. Rear is lifted with 1.5" blocks for now. I have the infamous drivers side lean and it's driving me crazy . It's ONLY leaning in the back too. The front is perfect on each side.

I'm having trouble deciding what to do and I really don't have $500 for new springs. I guess my only option is an AAL. This is fine but I don't want to purchase anything if it WON'T fix the lean. Should adding an AAL correct the lean as well? Oh, and for the record I do not have TSB springs. Looking at this or the 3 pack AAL by Deaver or Wheelers. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
are your shocks good? bc I know that when i got my 5100's for the rear, it leveled my rear end out nicely.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:06 AM   #3
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks and my shocks are 5100's in the back. Not sure if you're aware but shocks don't affect ride height. They just dampen the ride.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
are your shocks good? bc I know that when i got my 5100's for the rear, it leveled my rear end out nicely.
Your 5100s had nothing to do with level ride. They soften bumps...not elevate the truck.

The spring seats on the front shocks are what creates the front lift.

OP-Have you measured the lean from side to side??
Old 10-31-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
IndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to behold
IndigoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've read a ton of posts lately about guys having trouble from their AAL's causing vibes. I think I'd stick to a whole new pack, even though its more expensive.