Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Worn coils on 2001 Double Cab

Old 10-31-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
radtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant future
Name: Ryan
radtcma's Tacoma Gallery
Worn coils on 2001 Double Cab

Hey guys, I have a 2001 DoubleCab with a 6" Fabtech Suspension lift. I've been riding on my bump stops for a while and it was explained to me that my front coils are very worn. He also told me that a good replacement would be Old Man Emu 882s. I trust the guy that told me this, he's on the board here, but just wanted to see what some other options were. Thanks for the advice
Old 10-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
882's are a lift coil.....not sure you should use them in conjunction with the 6" lift. May want to try the 881's, or the 880's.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
radtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant futureradtcma has a brilliant future
radtcma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Chris, I've never replaced coils before, is it difficult?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by radtcma View Post
Thanks Chris, I've never replaced coils before, is it difficult?
Not really....If you have some basic mechanical knowlege, and a spring compressor, you should be fine.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
radtcma's Tacoma Gallery
okay so I'm looking at 880s and 881s now, and they are both listed as providing lift also, if I were to get a set of either and shackles for the rear, would that lift go along with the fabtech? sorry for the questions, just don't want to mess up
Old 10-31-2009, 02:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by radtcma View Post
okay so I'm looking at 880s and 881s now, and they are both listed as providing lift also, if I were to get a set of either and shackles for the rear, would that lift go along with the fabtech? sorry for the questions, just don't want to mess up
Get the 880's. I think they give about 1" lift. Yes, longer shackles will lift the rear. No worries on the questions. Thats what this board is for...Amongst other things.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
radtcma's Tacoma Gallery
Will do, thanks for the help Chris