1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME, load cap, & UCA ?'s

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BlackRig, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Oct 31, 2009 at 4:15 PM
    BlackRig

BlackRig [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5
    Well, I've done my research and, like most, I still have a few ?'s I'm new to lifts so bear with me.

09 AC TRD O/R. Stock. No rear TSB... Yet.

My truck is my daily driver. I do off road a few times a year. I want a 2 or 3 in lift. I also use my tuck to haul my bike. So, I will randomly have 500 to 700 lbs in the back. Assuming I get the TSB done (I am in the dealer/toyo corp. process) Here's what I want. 884 or 885 springs, no top spacers, and the toytec AAL. I like the looks of the OME for ride quality and price.

So, the 884 and 885 coils are the same weight but the 885 is a longer spring correct? 884 will give ~ 2in and the 885 ~ 3in right?

1. AAL's DO improve payload capacity? How much rake should I maintain for hauling with the TSB and toytec AAL? I don't want the truck riding nose high while I haul motorcycles.

2. Should I run 884 or 885 coils? I can achieve a greater rake with the 884, obviously, or do you think the AAL & TSB will be enough to handle the load with the 885's. Those with 885's on an access cab: Do you feel the front end is too stiff? Did you need UCA's?

3. Isn't there a member that can get us a discount from toytec? I searched but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

2. Oct 31, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    1) No they do not. Load Cap is based on a variety of things. It will handle the rated load better in most cases...but you can't expect to put a ton of stuff in the truck and have it work as advertised.

2) 884s are probably fine for you. It'll ensure you have that rake you want. THe 885's ride nice in my AC...Can't garantee you'll like it tho. UCAs are a good idea..but not required.

3) There is...PM Neubs.

3. Oct 31, 2009 at 4:52 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    What He Said ^^^^^^^^^^

Products Discussed in

To Top